PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ANI handling

Posted 11-06-2020 09:28
    I have two profiles in the Attendant script that are supposed to take calls form the same DNIS:

- Profile A is supposed to take calls from ANI set as NPA???????
    - Profile B is supposed to take calls from ANI set as NPA-NXX????

The problem is that when I call from the phone number matching the NPA-NXX the call is channelled to the Profile A, and not Profile B as I would expect.

I have never played with ANI matching on this system, so - is that how it supposed to work? Or are we having problem with the system?

Thanks.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Krzysztof Lipowski

• 2.  RE: ANI handling

Posted 11-06-2020 09:34

I know this KB isn't terribly clear, but it kind of explains what is happening:  https://genesyspartner.force.com/customercare/pkb_Home?id=kA51T000000fxU2SAI&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Basically, they are both wildcard matches and both score the same, so the first wildcard match is taken.  You likely need to change how you define your second entry to be a range so it scores higher than the wildcard.  You may be able to rename the profiles so their evaluated in a different order as a workaround, but I don't think that is as good of a solution.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: ANI handling

Posted 11-06-2020 10:08
    Thanks for the link.

So, it looks to me like the evaluating routine is flawed because it does not distinguish between strong match on NPA-NXX and weak match on just NPA, and treats both of them as wildcard matches... I tried to reorder those profiles on the Attendant but it did not seem to make any difference - it always took the more general match on NPA???????.

I discarded the idea of using the ranges initially because I have several instances like this and I really don't know the full ranges of NXX behind those area codes, but I suppose I could just use 000-999 as a substitute of the wildcard.

Thank you

Krzysztof Lipowski

• 4.  RE: ANI handling

Posted 11-10-2020 14:00
    For ANI matching we actually use customincomingcall handler and have it look at an IP table for the 30 or so ANI's we are doing this for.  Then if it matches we just set the attribute: IntAtt_KeyPath   to the profile location we use just the last octet and determine the active config through DS tool steps.   But a slew of ways to handle this its just what we did.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources