PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  softphone in VDI environment

Posted 09-10-2019 09:58
    Hi all,

Looking at some other SIP Softphone discussions i am not sure what i am wanting to do will work, but thought i would verify with the Community.

We are a VDI environment with about 500 agents where we are going to be moving about 15 to 20 agents to SIP Softphones. The problem is in our vdi environment we do not tie an agent to a specific machine, so when an agent logs in they grab random machine. I am looking for a way in Pureconnect to tie an agent to the SIP SoftPhone instead of the machine.

what i am envisioning is much like a stations log in, when the agent logs into Interaction Desktop they select the SIP Softphone they want to connect too, which then provision's that manage SIP Softphone to the host they logged into. Is this possible?

Thank you,
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: softphone in VDI environment

Posted 09-16-2019 10:15
    Scott,

A word of caution, SIP soft phones are not supported when run through a VDI enviornment. Take a look at this testlab link: https://testlab.genesys.com/ProductsPage.aspx?ProductType=27

Now with this being said I've run them in VDI environments for testing before without issue but I don't know if I would want to try this with agents where audio quality is very important. I would hate for you to roll this out, have an issue and then Genesys tell you they can't support your deployment.

You may need to lock users to specific VDI server names to make support easier. I think you can provision the SIP soft phone via the TUI but I can't seem to find the documentation for how to do this so maybe they removed it.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: softphone in VDI environment

Posted 10-10-2019 17:36
    Agree with Mark on this "A word of caution, SIP softphones are not supported when running through a VDI environment.
    Take a look at this test lab link: 
    https://testlab.genesys.com/ProductsPage.aspx?ProductType=27" 

Now that I have gotten that out of the way. We do use MVW here and what we did was we created a list of names that were built in MVW 
    Example 
    The MVW team built a pod of 500 "station" 
    We took the same name and added in IA DCPWVDI01S0001 to  450 
    Then when the users logged in to MVW they can use the SIP softphone as the name matches the station. 
    We have ok success there are some audio issues but on the most its ok 
    For the users that have a hard phone at their desk but uses the MVW for the desktop side, we have NO issues 
    So if you think about doing it that way it could help you 

Help that helps 
    MM  

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources