PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Setting it so some agents won't get calls right away when available

Posted 12-05-2019 14:48
    I know the system can do it as I remember if from class 5 years ago, I just can't for the life of me remember what it is.  Pretty much, agent Smith is in two work groups, A and B.  I want B to be a priority so their skill is 100, desire to use 100, priority for interactions in A is 50 B is 95, etc..  However if Agent Smith becomes available and there is only a call for group A I don't want agent Smith to get that call right away.  However if after a span of time (I remember this is where the tweaking comes into play) Agent Smith's score will finally get high enough to receive the call.
    I believe I also need to use custom vs ACD for the workgroup type, correct?

Thanks in advance!
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Agency

• 2.  RE: Setting it so some agents won't get calls right away when available

Posted 12-05-2019 18:29
    Hi Derek,

What you descrive is essentially bullseye routing. This can be achieved with Custom ACD and Handlers. I will try to put together some instructions on how to do it.

• 3.  RE: Setting it so some agents won't get calls right away when available

Posted 12-06-2019 06:31
    The simple way to do this out-of-the-box is with skills.

Example:
    • Inbound call is assigned Tier1, Tier2, & Tier3 skills in Attendant as it enters the queue
    • Tier1 agents must have all three skills to be presented with the call
    • Queue operations are added to play hold audio for x seconds
    • Then, an Add/Remove Skills node is added to remove the Tier1 skill requirement
    • Now, Tier1 AND Tier2 agents (with only the Tier2/Tier3 skills) can be presented with the call
    • More hold audio, then remove Tier2 skill
    • Now, agents in all 3 tiers can receive the call

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 4.  RE: Setting it so some agents won't get calls right away when available

Posted 12-06-2019 12:11
    Unfortunately, using Attendant to add / remove skills in-queue also re-queues the interaction, which means your in-queuetimes get screwed up. This leads to estimated wait times being wrong as well as reports being inaccurate....

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources