PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Enabling and disabling call listening features

Posted 12-16-2020 07:33
    To comply with laws in EMEA we have been told customers need to accept a call to be recorded by pressing an option whilst in the IVR.  We have now also been told that we might need to consider coaching features the same as call recording.

I know I can turn off call recording in the IVR by using attributes entered into the call flow and setup with a policy in the Interaction Recorder Policy Editor which will abandon the recording if someone presses for example 1 or #.

If we need to consider coaching (coach, listen, join) the same as call recording, which seems likely according to local laws in EMEA regions, we need to be able to turn if off if the customer does not want it recorded/listened to. I cannot see how this can be done by an action in the IVR in the same way as the recording.

I would be interested to know of others experiences in this area and if it can be done, or even if people might know if it needs to.  Any reference to local laws would be interesting.  Maybe it is just an on off configuration using Security and Access Control for users and workgroups which would mean we would have to switch it off completely in European locations.

#Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Marc Burling

• 2.  RE: Enabling and disabling call listening features

Posted 12-16-2020 09:46
    Tough one since Coach / Listen are user rights.

But reference: https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/attributes_tr.pdf
    Eic_Capabilities

you may be able to try and play with that, of course its not support and documentation says do not touch, but looks like it should work.

You may also just be able to set the attribute:  Eic_Private to 1 and accomplish what you want.

Just tossing ideas out there

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources