PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to send to group voicemail from handlers

Posted 10-17-2019 09:57
    ​Hi All,

We have a requirement where we are performing certain queue operations via handlers.

Use Case:

While in Queue:
    Step1: Play Hold Music for 30 sec
    Step2: Play Menu, Get user input
    Step3:
    If opted 1 - 
    Transfer the call to Group Voicemail
    Else -
             Step a: Call subroutine
                  if
                     Check are valid perform certain operations
                  Else
                     Goto Step 1

I understand this can be achieved via attendant but through attendant I have to come out of the queue and re-queue the call which will reset the time in queue

Hence I have to achieve it via handlers.

I am not sure how this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Raghav Gupta
    Accenture USA

• 2.  RE: How to send to group voicemail from handlers

Posted 10-17-2019 11:19
    Raghav,

You will want to put this logic in the CustomACDAudio customization point. I normally set up an audio source when I need to play hold music for X seconds as it allows customers to break into the audio in the middle vs always hearing the beginning of the wav file and also there is a built in syntax to allow the audio source to only play for 30 seconds. Next create a play prompt with an extended get key to listen for the different button presses. If the caller picks option 1 you will need to set the attribute Eic_SendToVoiceMail to I believe true but you will have to debug the handlers to verify this, and then transfer the call to the queue. This should send the caller to voicemail and shall they select the option to leave a voicemail the call will end up in the mailbox defined in the workgroup.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources