PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SIP SoftPhone

Posted 11-07-2019 12:38
    I have a strange situation and hoping its just a miss configuration.

I have the SIPSofphone on my physical laptop, and when i am in network it connects just fine. When i go home and get on our VPN, the SIPSoftphone shows it is connected on the Laptop, but within Interaction Administrator, it shows not register. Calls pop on the SipSoftphone, but you are not able to pick the call up.

Anybody experinace this before and or point me in the right direction. I am looking in the SIPEngine logs, but haven't found a smoking gun.
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: SIP SoftPhone

Posted 11-07-2019 14:54
    This seems like an issue with DHCP or DNS on the VPN network.  If the SIP softphone does not find the IC servers through Provisioning, it uses what it has stored in the registry.  I have seen this happen multiple times, and it looks exactly like what you are describing. 

I would first check in the logs which server it is trying to connect to, that is if this is a switchover system, my guess is that is it trying to talk to the backup.  Other considerations are that the VPN network does not allow for the ports required:
    Would try telnet to: 3952, 8088, 8089,8060, 5060 or 6061 and 6061 if using TLS.
    Check DHCP and DNS records. Check local firewall.
    I think 100% of the time where I have seen this, it is one of these issues.  Ask your network guys to make sure you have exactly the same access on VPN as on the local network.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 3.  RE: SIP SoftPhone

Posted 11-07-2019 17:13
    Edited by Scott Dahl 11-07-2019 17:18
    You may need to re-provision the soft phone application while on the VPN. In my environment, the VPN creates a 2nd virtual NIC which you must select during the soft phone provision wizard (step 3 or 4).

Once that has been completed once, I believe I can bounce between office network and VPN by just restarting the soft phone application.

Scott D
    Delta Dental of Washington

• 4.  RE: SIP SoftPhone

Posted 01-09-2020 04:27
    Ok maybe you have solved this already, but there is one very strange thing to take a look at as well.  For some weird reason if the "Scale and Layout" part in Windows10 is set to 150% which is the Default setting when installed!!  Change this to 100% and then it should work, that is, if that is the issue.  It is at least worth the try, if everything else is correct :)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 5.  RE: SIP SoftPhone

Posted 01-10-2020 14:59
    Thanks a lot Egill for this, I had a similar issue, when i provisioned the SIP Soft phone, it used to query DHCP settings and then disconnect and disappear. I changed the Scale and Layout settings from 150 to 100, it worked. Who would know that , this small little configuration makes such a difference.

Praveen D'Costa
    Verifone

• 6.  RE: SIP SoftPhone

Posted 01-13-2020 03:08
    Yes it is quite strange, I believe they have fixed this in 2019 R2 or R3.  But I am glad I could help :)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources