PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Modify the sender on outbound ACD emails

Posted 12-05-2019 14:56
    I'm working on a customization for ACD email queuing where the customer would like the from address changed on replies. Essentially they have different back end mailboxes where emails can route but they want the from address on replies to always show the primary email box. I did some debugging and it looks like once the email is replied to from the client the from address is a restricted attribute which I can't update. This makes sense to me as I suspect the idea is you would never want to mess with the email after the agent clicks reply. I did some further debugging and it doesn't look like IP is involved at all when the email interaction is opened other than updating some attributes on the call ID so I think it's too late to interact with the reply.

Debugging the interaction prior to the call making it into queue I see Eic_LocalAddress, Eic_LocalId and Eic_EmailMailbox are set with the email address where Eic_EmailMailboxName is set to the name on the mailbox. I assume changing all or some of these will adjust the from email. The only attribute in the Attribute TR which appears to be off limits is Eic_EmailMailboxName.

So before I go breaking anything I'm curious if anyone else has done something similar and what you ended up doing to make this work. I have to imagine there is a "easy" way to do this as there has to be other customers over the year who have requested this function.

Thanks, 

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 2.  RE: Modify the sender on outbound ACD emails
    Best Answer

Posted 12-08-2019 16:57
    Hi Mark,

I have always solved this issue by asking the MS Exchange team to create a transport rule on sent mail from the specific mailboxes and use Exchange to change the From address and/or reply-to address.

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: Modify the sender on outbound ACD emails

Posted 12-09-2019 10:41
    Richard,

I was afraid of this. I was really hoping I could control this from the phone system but I understand why there are these limitations. I will look into setting up transport rules.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources