PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to access custom attritubtes for use within a Secure IVR handler

Posted 10-07-2020 23:22
    I'm familiarizing myself with the Secure Input feature for use with Interaction Desktop to meet a new business requirement. The heavy lifting for handler development was completed a while ago by a developer who built the company's secure IVR solution and our goal is to repurpose as much of that logic as possible since the same web services will be leveraged.

To prove the feasibility of integrating the existing custom handlers with the Secure Input one, I've begun building a handler that contains just the Secure Input initiator and a few initial steps. Before inserting any information into the secure session, it will first be necessary to determine the values that were assigned to several custom attributes for the interaction, e.g., account number, when it was still in Attendant. The information will be used to test certain conditions and determine other appropriate handler actions. I don't do much handler work, so I'm having difficulty figuring out how to extract the attributes of the Interaction1 variable, if that's even possible with the Secure Input initiator. Can anyone tell me if I should be able to accomplish this and, if so, suggest some steps or tools for doing so?

Thanks.
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Steve

• 2.  RE: How to access custom attritubtes for use within a Secure IVR handler

Posted 10-07-2020 23:27
    I meant to type Secure Input in the subject rather than Secure IVR.

Steve Hairston
    CarMax Business Services

• 3.  RE: How to access custom attritubtes for use within a Secure IVR handler

Posted 10-08-2020 09:58
    I was able to find the tool that accomplishes what I need, so question answered.

Steve Hairston
    CarMax Business Services

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources