PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Default Status for logoff and login

Posted 01-28-2020 13:22
    All,

Need some assistance here, when agent logoff for the day on any status and login back on the next day, agent starts off with the same status , how can i have default when agent logoff, his/her status needs to change to gone home and when logs in back next day, straight goes off to Available or Available , no ACD.

Thanks for the help!
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Praveen D'Costa
    Verifone

• 2.  RE: Default Status for logoff and login

Posted 01-28-2020 14:40
    Praveen,

We'll have someone contact you to review the options for this request.

Thanks!

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: Default Status for logoff and login

Posted 01-30-2020 10:27
    Praveen,

Can I ask what the business reason for this change is? What are you trying to solve by changing the status when the user logs out?

You have a couple of options but all of them require customization. The "easiest" way to do this but also with the most risk is to change all of your status messages so the only one that is persistent is gone home. This way every time someone logs out they will be place in gone home status. This becomes a problem however if you have business users and call center agents on the same PC as often times business users will have different statuses they want to stay in when they log out. To accommodate this you would need to set up a bunch of parallel statuses and assign the pools of statuses to your different user groups. This becomes a big pain to manage in no time.

Your other option is to set up a custom application, or use handlers, to monitor agents and when they log out flip their status to gone home. This approach will require more work and also coding knowledge.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources