PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Change From field in Interaction Desktop email window

Posted 12-07-2019 08:34
    I have about 200 mailboxes that we receive emails into and route to a single queue.  We skill the emails to differentiate between the different email addresses for counts, handle time, etc.  I don't do the reporting side so I'm fuzzy on that but its not relevant.

My problem is the system is having problems polling so many mailboxes and we are adding more every month.

I want to switch it to a single mailbox or maybe 3-4 depending on other factors.

I read a bunch of Office 365 posts about send as and send on behalf of.  I am doing a proof of concept to see if I can make this work.

I setup a single mailbox on Office 365.  I setup a distribution group with an email address a customer would email and put the single mailbox in it.

Email comes to distro group, routes to mailbox.  I have the permissions set correctly where from Outlook Webmail I can change the From field on the reply to the email address of the distro group and it works great.

My problem now is how do I set the From field on the reply in Interaction Desktop?  I already run these emails through a custom handler which looks for keywords in the body of the email and changes the priority based on whats found.  I also change the subject line before it gets assigned to the agent to mark Urgent emails with [URGENT] in the subject.

I thought I could make a change to this handler to update the Display Name and email address but so far I'm not having any luck.

I even tried to do it in the CustomOutgoingEmailQueue handler but that didn't work either.

Anyone done something like this before?
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Rich Hawley
    American Customer Care, Inc

• 2.  RE: Change From field in Interaction Desktop email window

Posted 12-09-2019 10:44
    Rich,

I asked a similar question the other day. I tried messing with the from address but the attributes are system reserved and I can't change them. I suspect this is be design. It was suggested to me to set up transport rules on the mailbox so that Exchange changes the from address. You may need to involve your Email team to get this set up.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources