PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Writing the Call ID to IC Notes for Outbound Calls Not Related as Conference/Transfer

• 1.  Writing the Call ID to IC Notes for Outbound Calls Not Related as Conference/Transfer

Posted 03-04-2020 15:48
    Hi to all!

I'm looking for some ideas on the best way to write a custom handler that would write the call ID to IC Notes when a first-segment outbound call is initiated.  I'm wondering if anyone written something like this already, and if it's working as expected.

Currently, we write the call ID to IC Notes, using an SA node in Attendant, so that the inbound call ID can be copied from Notes into a CS/CRM system.  Again, this would be applied to a first-segment outbound call, and not outbound calls as the result of a transfer/consult effort.

If anyone know if there is an existing system handler currently available that could handle this task, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: Writing the Call ID to IC Notes for Outbound Calls Not Related as Conference/Transfer

Posted 03-05-2020 10:23
    Barry,

The SystemInitiateCallRequest handler is where I think you would want to look. There should be some customization points in here. Eic_CallPurpose gives you some more info as to what the call is used for. I think maybe you can use that to filter out the calls you don't want to write to the notes.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources