PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail

Posted 03-11-2020 11:49
    We're testing out Interaction Connect and it seems to be relatively decent however none of the agents that we have testing it are able to get ACD Voicemails.  If they log into Interaction Desktop they get them as expected but not with Connect.  Is Connect not capable of this functionality?
    Thanks and advance!
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Agency

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail
    Best Answer

Posted 03-11-2020 12:19
    Edited by Derek Rouleau 03-13-2020 09:59
    On 2019 R2, I am able to accept ACD voicemail (email) in Interaction Connect.  The one thing of note is that you need to add the "Current Interaction" view to Interaction Connect to be able to see the work item.  So, if you are using routing to retrieve the voicemail and queue it as an email, it should still work alongside Interaction Connect.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail

Posted 03-11-2020 16:36
    Aaron is correct.  This was one of the process change challenges that we encountered when moving to PureConnect.  It's been a slow process, but most of our agents are getting used to knowing that they need to keep the "current interaction" view open to access the wav file attachment for playback, etc.

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail

GENESYS
    Posted 03-12-2020 09:00
    Good conversation and agree to both.  And just wanted to note, that the same is true for other text based interactions as well: chat, SMS, etc.

The Current Interaction view will need to be added/visible for those too.  And selecting different connected media types in the "My Interactions" tab will immediately update the Current Interaction to that interaction that is currently selected.

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail

Posted 03-12-2020 10:03
    Well it's not being sent as a email, I just need them to be able to open it from the application like with Desktop.  I'll look for that view you are talking about though.

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Agency

• 6.  RE: Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail

Posted 03-12-2020 15:15
    Derek,

Voicemail is handled by the system (as part of Unified Messaging) as an attachment to an E-Mail.

So, you set a mailbox for the Workgroup so the system knows where to send the email (with attachment) to.

Then you configure the Workgroup (either via Attendant, or the "Routing" option on the ACD Tab) to monitor that mailbox for incoming email.

When someone leaves a VM message, it is attached to an email, sent to the WG mailbox from where it gets picked up and routed to the Queue as an e-mail interaction and then sent to a User.

I hope that makes sense!

Also, do be aware that your agents will then require at least an ACD Media 2 license (Calls and E-Mails) to recieve both types of interaction.

• 7.  RE: Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail

Posted 03-13-2020 07:39
    It works fine with Interaction Desktop just not Connect.  I haven't had a chance to test what the other people have been mentioning as I've been busy trying to figure out how we are going to support everyone working remotely for a few weeks.

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Agency

• 8.  RE: Interaction Connect and ACD Voicemail

Posted 03-13-2020 09:59
    Finally had a min to check it out... added in the "view" and it works.  They actually like not having a separate window open.

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Agency

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources