PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Maintain or Reapply Agent Categorization For Queued Interactions After Switchover

Posted 01-29-2020 16:56
    Hello,

As part of normal SMS processing, we take certain interactions (based on DNIS), do a CRM lookup for the assigned agent (based on sending ANI) and apply an agent categorization (using handlers) before the interaction reaches the target workgroup. The business requires that the interaction wait for the assigned agent for 4 days before making the interaction available to the next available agent. Whenever we have a switchover, all the waiting interactions are requeued but the agent categorization is lost so the messages route to the next available agent.

Understanding that there are some attributes that cannot be recovered, such as wait time in queue, is it possible to recover the agent categorization or have the new primary CIC reprocess the interactions in that workgroup queue to apply the agent categorization? This would surely result in the 4 day timer getting reset but that is preferable to having all messages distributed to the wrong agents in a sales environment.

We are running 2019R2 Patch6.

#Handlers
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    David Motta

• 2.  RE: Maintain or Reapply Agent Categorization For Queued Interactions After Switchover

Posted 01-30-2020 10:44
    David,

There is an initiator in handlers called Switchover Event. Depending on the version of CIC you are on there may be a system handler using this initator. Check your dependencies before trying to write a custom handler using this initator. You will want to look at the Commence Operation notification event. This event will be when the backup server takes over. From here create a subroutine which gets all the interactions in the queues and reruns your categorization logic on the interactions.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Maintain or Reapply Agent Categorization For Queued Interactions After Switchover

Posted 02-06-2020 12:00
    Mark,

Thank you for the response! We will try that out in Staging but I think that should work for us.

Thanks again!
    David

David Motta
    Freedom Financial Network, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources