PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Automatic create callback queue when call disconnected when queueing in workgroup

Posted 12-23-2021 02:37
    Hi there,

Good day.

My customer would like to callback to caller when the caller abandoned call. PureConnect do not have this feature to create a callback automatically when caller disconnect the call in queue.

To achieve this requirement, I believed there will be handler customization involved. I would like know, is there anyone here fulfill this requirement before?

Thank you.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    JIMMY KWAN
    ITApps Sdn Bhd

• 2.  RE: Automatic create callback queue when call disconnected when queueing in workgroup

Posted 12-25-2021 14:08
    Edited by Benyamin Ioffe 12-25-2021 14:14
      |   view attached
    Hi @JIMMY KWAN,
    I have a similar proof of a concept handler designed utilizing the default CustomCallDisconnect customization point. The following customization will automatically create a callback for abandoned calls (for calls where the caller disconnected the call in a queue before the call got connected to an agent).
    For steps 24 and 25 (checking that the call that just got disconnected is an inbound call), 20 and 46 (has assigned workgroup queue), 42 and 47 (following logic can be improved, but this is just a POC :-) -- has no agent assigned, this indicates that this call was disconnected before the call got assigned to agent). In the steps 48, 45, 44 and 51 we collect necessary attributes to create a callback interaction; for steps 52, 53, 54 we create a callback interaction with collected attributes in a same workgroup where the original call was abandoned, and with a Call Log of the original call in a Callback Interaction Notes for agent reference, and Eic_CallbackOriginalCallId with original call Interaction ID for reporting purposes.

Thank you,
    Ben

This work is my own and is in no way associated/attributed to any current or former employer. I do advise testing any of the provided handler/logic in a DEV or non-PROD environment first before running it in a PROD environment. ​

Attachment(s)

zip
    CustomCallDisconnect.zip   10 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Automatic create callback queue when call disconnected when queueing in workgroup

GENESYS
    Posted 12-26-2021 01:33
    Edited by Drew Bisson 12-26-2021 01:33
    I would suggest doing a single Get Attributes (plural) step initially instead of multiple Get Attribute steps.  On a small system this is unlikely to show up as a performance problem, but at large scale this can add up.  Multiple roundtrips from IP through Notifier can be a place to optimize away some unnecessary performance hits.  In this proof of concept it can be improve from 5 to 1.  At high call volume on a system with significant handler customizations, Notifier CPU is likely to be one of your ultimate scalability limiting factor.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Automatic create callback queue when call disconnected when queueing in workgroup

Posted 12-26-2021 03:03
    Hi Drew,

Thank for the advice. I take consideration for all my future customization.

JIMMY KWAN
    ITApps Sdn Bhd

• 5.  RE: Automatic create callback queue when call disconnected when queueing in workgroup

Posted 12-26-2021 02:55
    Hi Ben,

You are my life saver. save me a lot of brain cells. Thank you for the handler.

JIMMY KWAN
    ITApps Sdn Bhd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources