PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

• 1.  Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-06-2019 07:53
    Good morning,
    Is there a way to make sure that when an agent closes the browser that it automatically logs him/her out of the system ?
    Is there a specific setting/parameter to enable ?
    We all know that it's very important to tell them to logoff, but in reality....
    Thanks in advance.
    -Alain
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

• 2.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-06-2019 09:45
    Alain,

I don't have a connect client to test with but I suspect when you close out of the browser window you are logged out of the system. Are you saying that in ICBM you still see the agents as logged in even when they are closed out of Interaction Connect?

Are you by chance instead looking at the agent status where the agents are logging out but still showing as available? Being available but logged out won't really have any impact on the ACD queues as you will see ACD is not considering the agent available for ACD interactions if they are logged out but still in an available status. You could mess with the statuses so if an agent logs out the status changes away from available but there are some caveats. 

Status which are persistent will continue even after you log out. By default Available is persistent and the reason for this is because if you have business users on the system often times they would be logged out of the client but still be available for DID calls and what not. You can remove the persistent option from the Available status and then when the agent logs out their status should flip to the last persistent status the agent is in. Obviously you will see that almost every status message is persistent so you are going to have to figure out your strategy for what status messages all have to change for this. Often times customers will limit the status messages available to agents so they only have a small subset of the total available status messages.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-06-2019 10:02
    Agents still logged in and available so it has an impact on ACD.
    Calls coming in can be answered directly on the phone.
    Calls are still up which at least is a good thing.
    Agents are logged out once the call is disconnected.

Alain LeBrasseur
    438-888-1297
    Quovim C3
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada

• 4.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 12:03
    Hi Alain,

Great question, and thank you for bringing it to the community! Our experts discuss your question in the most recent episode of the PureConnect Q&A Show. You can check it out here!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 5.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-13-2019 15:26
    Hi Alain,

I just tested this in our test environment. I loggedin in Connect, made myself available and then closed the browser. On ICBM I can see myself as available but Logged-Out. Also ICBM does not show any available agents for ACD.
    I being the only available agent on the system with status available but logged out, the call I placed to test remained in the queue waiting for agent (Available for ACD interactions = 0). It did not ring my desk phone either.
    I am not sure if it is config or the way our telephony is setup but seems it is not impacting our ACD nor is ringing directly on phone.
    Yes in the past I have see if we are on a call and the browser crashes and is reloaded, the call remains and is loaded automatically when reload finishes.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 6.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-13-2019 15:29
    Is your available status configured as persistent in Interaction Administrator?  That would cause what you are describing.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 7.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-14-2019 03:46

Hi Aaron,

Not sure I am aware of the setting for persistent in IA.
    Can you point me to it and I can check what my setting is.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 8.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-14-2019 09:20
    This is specifically addressing the scenario where you are stating your agents are able to log off on available status.  There is a configuration checkbox on status messages called "Status is Persistent"

This checkbox determines whether or not a status will remain assigned to the user when they log off of the system.  If a status is not persistent and a user logs off in that status, they will be reverted to their last status that was persistent.  If you have no persistent statuses in your system, you will likely see agents revert to "Invalid Status" when they log off of the system.

If you look in directory services, you will see two entries for the current status of each user:  their live status and their last persistent status, so that the system can revert them to the last persistent in the event they log off in a non-persistent status.

It is entirely possible that you have a different issue, but everything you described in your last update points to the available status being set as persistent, which there are not many practical applications for (in my experience).

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 9.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-14-2019 11:00
    Thanks for the answer Aaron, will surely give it a try soon and uncheck that persistent option for the Available status.
    We noticed that if persistent, the agent remains available for ACD for 2 minutes. 
    So calls could come in during that period with a remote number scenario (that's our customer setup).
    The agent is logged  out automatically after 2 minutes but of course, remains Available, but that's ok for now.

Alain LeBrasseur
    438-888-1297
    Quovim C3
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada

• 10.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-14-2019 11:07
    Alain,

Keep in mind that if you change this then any business users who expect to still get phone calls when they are not logged in will no longer receive phone calls. I suggest if you have a mixed environment where people do need to stay available without being logged in you can create another status message and assign the persistent available status to the users who need this function.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 11.  RE: Exiting/logoff Interaction Connect

Posted 11-14-2019 11:16
    I'm just testing the proposed ideas in an isolated environment, so no worries Mark.
    Thanks for the advise.

Alain LeBrasseur
    438-888-1297
    Quovim C3
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources