PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Unable to Launch IPA from Handler

Posted 06-20-2019 15:40
    We recently upgraded from 2016 R3 P12 to 2017 R4 P39. We also upgraded from PASV1 to PASV2. We are able to launch IPAs from the client without any issue.

Before we upgraded, I wrote a custom handler to do DS lookups to get Process IDs and match these IDs with their associated Process Names (user friendly version). This handler is activated by a button and does all of the look ups to get all of the published processes and their ids and then sends a work item to the agent who pushed the button with the process names in a drop down list. All of this is working as expected.

However, when the agent selects a process and then clicks the button to launch the process it fails. This "launch" button activates another handler that takes the following inputs: Process ID and Agent ID, to initiate the process. However, since the upgrade, this handler always exits the Failure path from the "Start Process" node. I checked the IP logs and it shows the ErrorCode as "publicFlowError.inputVariables.missing". When I put the handler in debug mode, the Process ID and Agent ID are populated with the correct values, any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: Unable to Launch IPA from Handler

Posted 07-15-2019 12:30
    You should also increase logging on IPA (maybe outside production ;-) and check what parameters are supposed to be available before it tries to launch the process. It sounds weird that it doesn't work after an upgrade, but the log will tell you which variables you're missing.

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources