PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Migrator and Certs

Posted 07-05-2019 09:15
    I am currently upgrading our OS platform from 2008 to 2016 and all the information is getting carried over correctly, expect the Certs. While i can re-setup switch-over configuration by importing the old Server Group Certs, my other systems such as SMS, Interaction Connect Server, Chat Server do not work, because the certs from the Old Server do not get Pushed to the new server using Migrator.

Is there a different step that needs to take place to get the Certs transferred as well?

Thank you,
     Scott
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Migrator and Certs

Posted 07-08-2019 09:24
    Scott,

Before you proceed using the old server group certificates, i would recommend you check that cert using this KB Article:  https://genesyspartner.force.com/customercare/pkb_Home?id=kA40B0000008uRiSAI&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Because you say Chat isnt working makes me think you are affected.

If you are affected, you will need to regenerate all certificates and then reconnect to all your servers using the new certificates (iConnect, Web Chat, Media Servers, etc...).  if you aren't live on your new system yet, its best to do this now.

Joshua Davis
    Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: Migrator and Certs

Posted 07-08-2019 10:04
    Scott,

I've never had cert issues when migrating servers but I've only ever migrated from server 2012 to server 2012. I suspect there is some sort of difference when changing OSes, or maybe you have more connectors than I did and this is why you are running into issues. You may need to regenerate all the certs. I did a quick search through the Migrator technical reference document and it doesn't mention anything about regenerating certs or any special requirements. I think Joshua's solution should fix you right up.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources