PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

Posted 09-10-2021 06:49
    Hello to all,
    I would say that this important announcement was not properly distributed to partners and customers. I just accidently find that as soon as October 12, Interaction Web Portal / Interaction Marquee will face End of life.
    Details may be found in PDF available here https://all.docs.genesys.com/Special:Repository/EOL_-PCP-PCCIWP-Marquee-_July2021.pdf
    but in general we do not have much options.

I would really like that someone provide view and comment on this topic, considering that this information was not within August partner insider letter, or within Product notice for PureConnect Release notes
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 2.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

GENESYS
    Posted 09-11-2021 02:15
    Hello Rasko - The announcement went in the August edition of the Partner Newsletter. Please refer to the August Partner Insider - Channel Team Edition you must have received on 19th Aug and you will find the content under "Genesys Multicloud CX Product Announcements". Partner Announcement

Here is the announcement that went on Juy 31st on our Product site: 
    https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/desktop/genesys_end_of_life_products.htm

Here is the feature-by-feature comparison that you will find useful:

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/desktop/interaction_web_portal_features_impacted.htm

Happy to connect! 

Prem M
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

Posted 09-13-2021 04:30
    I missed that announcement too,
    Thank you @Rasko Radojevic to bring it to our attention.
    Marquee will be in EOS ​next month, just two months after EOL end its annoucement (received 24th of August, btw when microsoft has annoucced EOS for silverlight???).
    I have no words to comment how such important communication was done in terms of content and time...

Sergio Picchioni
    Bizmatica Sistemi S.p.a.

• 4.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

Posted 09-13-2021 05:17

Hello 

Actually I just noticed it was within "Genesys Multicloud CX Product announcements" which is now what Engage was once, and it was just general instruction "Read All Announcements" Considering the impact and short term for it, I think this should be a little bit more emphasized
    Strange thins is that we sold one Marquee in April with official quote from Genesys without any announced caveat that it will be EOL in 6 months.
    So @Prem M do you know, if there's any plan that Genesys will offer discounted CX Insight subscription for existing customers or any other specific plan for it? This is even more dodgy than Interaction Edge appliance EOL 

Agent Partner Insider product ann under Genesys Multicloud CX

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 5.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

GENESYS
    Posted 09-13-2021 11:35
    @Sergio Picchioni  Point taken on the EOL information getting drowned under Multicloud Product announcements section. We will continue to offer support for Interaction Marquee, but there is only so much we can do. Microsoft isn't going to cause it to stop working, but they aren't going to patch it either. Though the news came up in 2019, IWP and Marquee being Web based products and our replacement/migration path not in place to go ahead with an EOL announcement of our own, we ended up aligning with theirs. We were keeping a watch on the timelines and putting together efforts to build parity via CX Insights (for Marquee). We waited until we could build reasonable confidence in most of the Marquee customer base, if not all, that the migration path is viable. So, in the pursuit of these efforts, our ramp up time was more than what we anticipated. 

@Rasko Radojevic  Genesys will certainly incentivize Premise Marquee subscription customers should they decide to use CX Insights. You can engage with your account team on discussing the details and Product Management will take it from there. ​​​

Prem M
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

Posted 09-16-2021 18:56

Hi Prem can you confirm that customers that purchased perpetual licences and continue to pay support for Marquee are now expected to pay again for Insights? 

Tarquin Bell

Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 7.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

Posted 09-16-2021 19:36
    I have been trying to get a straight answer on this as well.

Christopher Kelly
    CITRIX SYSTEMS

• 8.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2021 10:20
    Hi Tarquin. I can confirm that this is true. If you check with your account rep, they will be able to advise you on any special discount programs. CX Insights is a much more robust product which supports both real time stats and historical reporting. I really think there is a greater value in that product. I highly recommend that you use a dev license to give it a try.

Scott Thomas
    Director of PM
    PureConnect

• 9.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

Posted 09-19-2021 19:22

Thanks Scott

I realize these are not the easiest of times for yourselves.

We have already spent resources and effort developing MS SQL for historical reporting and have not had issues with Marquee's robustness so finding additional value in CX Insights might be difficult especially given the likely lifespan.

Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 10.  RE: Interaction Marquee End Of Live Announcement on October 12

Posted 10-01-2021 18:49
    Edited by Paolo Dela Cruz 10-01-2021 18:49
    Thank you @Rasko Radojevic for brining this to our attention.

Paolo Dela Cruz
    Hawaii Pacific Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources