PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Connect - what's Your secret?

Posted 06-04-2020 05:26
    Hello.

Currently we are struggling to make Interaction Connect work for one of our customers. We have installed it on new IIS server, and we can't find a way to make it work smoothly. Customer performed many tests, which are showing slow reaction time, errors ("This folder could not be opened, please reload"), lags. 

Customer insist to re-create the view that they were using in Desktop, which contains speed dial window, about 5-6 workgroup directories, company directory and two custom addins (although we did not installed those addins yet).

When Connect is opened on Chrome or Firefox on CIC server (same network as web server of course), and we have only 2-3 windows (my interactions and company directory), it works fine. After adding few workgroup directories and speed dial list, it's still not bad, but errors are happening sometimes - but that only when we are not using customer's proxy (which they insist should be used). With proxy the situation is worse. And if Connect is launched on agent's computer connected to CIC network via VPN, it gets really bad. 

I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who is using Connect with 30 or more agents, which are using multiple views in their Connects and are (at least partially) connecting from home.
    If Connect works fast for You, and generates no error - could You please describe some details about configuration? PureConnect and Connect versions, web server type and operating system, how many views agents are using, details about Pureconnect and web server gear (memory, CPU).

We are on the verge of informing the customer that we are simply unable to make it work, and I would like to try every possibility before we surrender.

Many thanks for Your inputs!

Pawel Godek
    Telefonix
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Pawel Godek
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect - what's Your secret?

Posted 06-05-2020 09:08
    Hey Pawel.

My customers are using iConnect, I have them now on version 2020 R1(both IC and Connect).  I'm not sure they are using so many views though.  They have the CompanyDirectory, My Interactions, Current Interactions, Response Management and some custom buttons. 

It works pretty fast, and nobody is complaining. They are about 40-50 agents. I did have problems with Connect, but after a lot of trying and testing, I found that by adding the Response Management view I had considerably less problems with slowness and other strange behaviour. I also reported this to support and they are looking into the reasons.

Most of the agents worked from home during the COVID situation, and had no problems running everyting through VPN.

We are running it on MS Server 2016 IIS10.  8Gb Memory, 2xCPU.

What you are describing sounds a lot like communication issues between the IIS and the IC Server.  Or somekind of a loadbalancer issue, that is if you are using one.

I would investigate the path between the servers, also check if SYSTEM has full control over the ININApps folder.  The Console and Network in Chrome should also be able to shed a light on what is going on.

I hope this helps,

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources