PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

Posted 11-28-2020 05:41
    Hello Dears,

I have an issue with the Sip softphone that if I left the interaction connect idle for a while ( about one minute ) and return back to make a call , hen call is taking 10 about seconds in initializing mode then call disconnect because your station is unreachable. 

In this case the hone status is online in the task bar and up-to-date in the CIC view bu I need to provision it gain to be able to make a call 

Any idea about this!

Thanks
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Mahmoud Kamal
    Perfect Presentation Telecommunication

• 2.  RE: Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

Posted 11-28-2020 06:23
    Update ,  

this occurred also in case i am using interaction desktop,

thanks

Mahmoud Kamal

• 3.  RE: Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

Posted 11-29-2020 05:56
    Hi Mahmoud,

What's the state of the interaction during the 10 seconds?

Proceeding or initializing ?

Regards

Mohammed Bazzi
    Viacomms Telecom KSCC

• 4.  RE: Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

Posted 11-29-2020 06:18
    initializing it is 30 seconds not 10 

Mahmoud Kamal

• 5.  RE: Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

Posted 11-29-2020 11:13

It seems that your Sip Soft phone is taking time to connect or losing connection with CIC server.
    Are you connecting over VPN to CIC server?

Mohammed Bazzi
    Viacomms Telecom KSCC

• 6.  RE: Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

Posted 11-30-2020 01:10

Hello Mohamed, 

no i am on the local network, i doubt it something thing like network ploicy , are you agree? 

thanks 

Mahmoud Kamal

• 7.  RE: Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

Posted 11-30-2020 03:54
    Hi Mahmoud,

It could be network policy. I faced this issue many times and it was one of the below
    1- Agent connected to WIFI & LAN at the same time
    2- Antivirus issue
    3-VPN issue

Hope that will help you.

Regards

Mohammed Bazzi
    Viacomms Telecom KSCC

• 8.  RE: Soft phone provision is always needed if left the Interaction connect Idle for minute

GENESYS
    Posted 11-30-2020 08:31
    In my experience with cases, this is mostly due to a "idle timeout" within the network. If you would try to make a call directly from the SIP Softphone dial pad when this happens, you'll most likely be able to make the call, and directly afterwards be able to pick up calls / make calls through Desktop/Connect as well. However, this will then idle out after a minute or so (depending on the settings on your network). 
    As the PureConnect system is not communicating constantly with the phone, the network will close out (from one side) due to the idle timeout. It can be "re-opened" from the phone side (either by making a call from the Sip Softphone dial pad, or re-provisioning) and it will work until the idle timeout time is met again. 

Some older phones (sip100, AudioCodes) had a possibility to workaround this issue with enabling "Enable Keep Alive Using OPTIONS" through the advanced options in the Managed IP Phone configuration, however the SIP Softphone does not have this option.

Dejan Bojic
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources