PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Call Connection Delay

• 1.  Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-02-2019 15:33

Hi,

Please help me find out why our called party contacts are experiencing delay connection. 

The system dials the number -->> Connected to the Called Party Contact -->> Answered "Hello" (more than one hello) --> Assigned to the Agent -->> heard the whisper tone after 10 seconds...

It takes time before it connects to the contact. Get complains about taking so long before the agent responds. 

I am not seeing any delays in Call Detail view (database) though.  We've done packet capture but not sure how to determine what's causing it. 

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Call Connection Delay

GENESYS
    Posted 08-03-2019 15:50
    Hello Rechelle,

Can you confirm whether auto-answer and persistent connections are being used?  Please refer to the bottom section of this page concerning delay:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/how-purecloud-delivers-outbound-calls-to-agents/

Regarding, "heard the whisper tone after 10 seconds", how is that being counted or recognized?  Is it the connected time (10 seconds) that the agent sees when the call is answered and assigned to them?  Is the whisper tone being played immediately when connected or does the call connect and then take 10 seconds before the whisper tone is heard?

Jason McDowell
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-05-2019 12:36

Hi Jason,

Please see my response on orange.

Can you confirm whether auto-answer and persistent connections are being used? - Yes, we are using auto-answer and we are using SIP Softphone as the Station Type. However, the "Persistent" config is under Remote Number (as the Station Type). Please see images below.

The link for the article you sent me is for PureCloud. I am using the PureConnect. Are they the same when it comes to this issue?

Regarding, "heard the whisper tone after 10 seconds", how is that being counted or recognized?  - I'll call my phone and check the counter on my cellphone. I even experienced 15 seconds of delay.

Is it the connected time (10 seconds) that the agent sees when the call is answered and assigned to them?- No, this is the called party contacts's experience.

Is the whisper tone being played immediately when connected or does the call connect and then take 10 seconds before the whisper tone is heard? -  I believe the whisper tone played immediately soon it connects to the contacts. Most of calls are 3, 4 to 5 seconds.. some are more than that and we get people hanging up or complaining.

Rechelle McConnell

• 4.  RE: Call Connection Delay

GENESYS
    Posted 08-07-2019 17:29
    Thanks Rechelle.  You're right, I sent you the wrong link, although the same ideas do apply to both.

Jason McDowell
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-12-2019 15:25

Hi Jayson, 

Do we have a link for pureconnect? 

Rechelle McConne

• 6.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-03-2019 18:36
    Ok, can you confirm how the agents are connecting? Physical phones (in which case, what make?) Softphones? Etc.

• 7.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-05-2019 13:03

Hi Paul,

Agents are logged into to Virtual Machine...connecting through ININ SIP Softphone (Jabra Headset), Interface thin client.

Thanks in advance.

Rechelle McConnell

• 8.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-07-2019 10:16
    Rechelle,

When you are saying they are logged into virtual machine via ININ SIP softphone do you mean there is some sort of remote desktop server (such as Citrix or Amazon AWS) where the agents are logging into a remote desktop somewhere to do their work? Then the SIP soft phone is running in the virtual desktop enviornment pushing audio through the remote desktop application to a local PC to come out the USB headset. If this is the case I don't believe this setup is supported by Genesys. A while back I tested this (even though it was not supported back then) and I had similar issues with the call audio being delayed as well as audio issues since audio can not be guaranteed when delivered via terminal services.

You will need to check with Genesys as things can change but I don't believe this will be supported and I suspect if you use SIP soft phones on the physical PC and not through a virtual enviornment your delay issues will go away.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 9.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-07-2019 15:14

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the input. I'll try that. We've been using Poly-coms but not through virtual environment and have the same issue.

Rechelle McConne

• 10.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-07-2019 17:22
    Rechelle,

Does this delay happen on every call? When you test do you answer the phone and say "hello" or just pick up the phone and sit there in silence? The Assuming you have call analysis enabled on the campaign dialer will be listening to try to see if there is a live person or answering machine. How do you have your campaign configured, I assume its set for live person go to agent. I would still suggest testing with a physical phone to rule out any sort of delay between the SIP soft phone and desktop but based on your info above it sounds like the delay is before the call is delivered to an agent.

Have you opened a ticket with your VAR/Genesys, it should be pretty easy for them to help you track this down.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 11.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-12-2019 15:23

Hi Mark,

Does this delay happen on every call?  - Not on every call

When you test do you answer the phone and say "hello" or just pick up the phone and sit there in silence?  - I say "Hello" soon I pick up the phone.

The Assuming you have call analysis enabled on the campaign dialer will be listening to try to see if there is a live person or answering machine.

How do you have your campaign configured, I assume its set for live person go to agent. - It it's alive person or an answering machine send it to agent and if it's not send it to the system.

I would still suggest testing with a physical phone to rule out any sort of delay between the SIP soft phone and desktop but based on your info above it sounds like the delay is before the call is delivered to an agent. - Correct

Have you opened a ticket with your VAR/Genesys, it should be pretty easy for them to help you track this down. -  What is VAR stands for?

We have a ticket submitted to the vendor since last year and still having this issue.

I really appreciate your help. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.

Rechelle McConnell

• 12.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 08-14-2019 09:54
    Rechelle,

What sort of device do you have at the edge of your network such as an SBC or gateway?

What carrier do you use and what sort of lines do you have such as PRIs or SIP trunks?

VAR stands for Value Added Reseller, basically the company you bought the CIC phone system from and get support from assuming you are not a direct customer.

Have you set up a dummy agentless campaign to see if there is a delay in the agentless campaign as well? This isn't exactly apples to apples but it would allow us to possibly narrow down where the delay is.

Also for your SIP lines do you have them set up for early media or delayed media? 

Looking at the SIP engine log on the CIC server have you tracked one of the calls to see what CIC is doing with the call. I would be especially interested in figuring out which media server processes the call and then look at the media server log to see if it gives any indication as to why things may be delayed.

Thinking about this logically there are only a couple spots the delay could be coming from. I would think we could have a delay in the SIP communication or perhaps retries. Alternately the delay could be within the CIC server itself where its having a hard time routing calls through it but I would suspect if this is the case you would have other routing issues as well.

On that note are you having any other routing issues or delays in the system? How many agents do you have on the system, and have you looked at server performance to make sure the server is sized properly?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 13.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 09-16-2019 11:58

Hi All,

What is the standard Call Connection Delay for outbound calls? We are experiencing 3 to 4 out of 10 calls with more than 5 seconds delays before the called party hears the agent on the line.

Example:

Call Party: Ring ring… Pick up the call "Hello"?

waiting for 5 to 10 seconds

Agent: "Hello!"

* some called party hang ups and abandoned calls.

Rechelle McConne

• 14.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 09-16-2019 12:27
    Rechelle,

I agree with Mark. I think it's time to open a Support ticket with Genesys Support (if you purchased direct) or with your reseller.​​

• 15.  RE: Call Connection Delay

Posted 09-16-2019 17:25
    Thank you Paul and Mark. We have a ticket with our vendor since last year and was asking for more pcaps and I am working on it. As you know we are connected via virtual machine using sip softphone...connected to thin client. I still want to test the recommendation to dial calls via local desktop instead of virtual machine after our vendor analyze the result of our pcaps.

Rechelle McConnell

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources