PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  REST Request Tool

Posted 02-22-2020 10:52
    Hi.  I am using a REST Request tool in a handler to call a web method internal to our network.  I can successfully call the same web method from a browser on our development IC Server.  However, on the same development server, when running a voice call through my handler and calling the REST Request tool, it continues to give me a 401.0 - unauthorized error.  Designer is running under the same AppID that has admin rights to the web method, on the web server.  I can also successfully call the web method from other SOAP/REST tools from my development laptop.  The REST Request tool in the handler is the ONLY tool that fails to call the web method.  I also have Windows Authentication enabled on the web server.

Why is this failing ONLY with the REST Request Tool??  I realize the Additional Headers parameter can be used to send a token for authentication, but my web method is inside our network, and should not be necessary.

Thanks for your help!!

The content type is: "application/json"
    There are no headers.
    The web method is passing a single parameter via the URL, which is the Interaction Key:
    http://dev1.unum.cctvoiceauth/CCTVoiceAuth/V01/api/I3VATApi/ProcessSSRSReport/300155587802192020
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Jason Carden
    Unum

• 2.  RE: REST Request Tool

Posted 02-22-2020 11:20
    Just to add, so that it's clear.... I can login to the development IC server with the AppID that IC is running under, and successfully call the web method from a browser.  Designer is running under that same AppID when it fails calling the REST api.

Jason Carden
    Unum

• 3.  RE: REST Request Tool

Posted 02-22-2020 11:30
    Did you install the web certificate for the url you are calling via certtrustu.exe from the server?  I believe the rest request step has similar requirements as the SOAPex3 tool.  If this is the problem, you should be able to see fairly clearly in the IP logs.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 4.  RE: REST Request Tool

Posted 02-24-2020 11:06
    Edited by Eliezer Stekel 02-24-2020 11:08
    Is your IC Server and dev laptop on the same version of IC? I remember having issues with the Json parser tool up to one particular IC release where they fixed it, not sure if the same goes for REST request tool though...

Eliezer Stekel

• 5.  RE: REST Request Tool

Posted 02-26-2020 03:40
    Ok I have been through this a couple of times, and this is usually ALWAYS a missinc certificate chain.  It is not enough to have just the certificate of the service you are calling, but you also need to have the whole chain before that certificate(usually three certs)  It does not say this clear enough in the documentation!  If the service does not have a specific cert, you will still need the CA certs.

So if you open the path to your service in a browser and look at the certificate info, you will see something like this:

You have to collect ALL of the certificates mentioned here, convert them to PEM, and then renaming them to the hash dot zero (xxxxxxxx.0) as is described in the documentation.

Then you have to place them in this folder(if it does not exist you just create it)

I3\IC\Certificates\SOAP folder or I3\IC\Certificates\REST

Hope this helps ;)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 6.  RE: REST Request Tool

Posted 02-26-2020 04:23
    Hi Egill,

Surprisingly I had never to do all these steps for REST tool to work. It just worked the first time I tried it.
    I have been using REST tools for about 2 years now and I believe when I started using them, we were on CIC 2017-R4.

I don't have any of the folders in either my Primary or Backup CIC servers, so its bit surprising that you had to to all this to get it working.

Regards
    Vineet

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 7.  RE: REST Request Tool

Posted 02-26-2020 04:43
    Yes I can't explain :)  But I do work a lot for banking and everything is based on certs so I had a lot of issues with making this work.  I guess if the service you are connecting to does not require them, then it is probably not needed.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 8.  RE: REST Request Tool

Posted 03-04-2020 07:49
    Good morning.

So I decided to "AllowAnonymous" in my web app since it's internal to our network.  Once I have the app running in production I'll come back around and add a bit more security.  I have an aggressive deadline on this which the biz wants yesterday of course.  That said, I don't believe it's a certificate issue.  I think it all can be solved within the code.

Thanks for all your responses!
    Jason

Jason Carden
    Unum

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources