PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get Schedule from Profile instead of KeyWord

Posted 07-30-2021 12:15
    Hi Everyone. Using Designer CIC 2018 R4 Patch 24
    We use the System Schedules built with OPEN, CLOSED and HOLIDAY hours in Administrator. I am trying to use the Get Schedule in a handler using the Profile field instead of Keyword field. It defaults to the closest start time of the wrong profile. I am providing the Profile Name or the Incoming Call Selection. We use names here instead of DNIS. I think I am missing a step somewhere. Can anyone help?
    Thanks​
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Dale DeLoach
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

• 2.  RE: Get Schedule from Profile instead of KeyWord

Posted 07-30-2021 14:09
    From the help:

Optional. Retrieve schedules only for the specified Interaction Attendant profile. Specify the DS key path for the profile

There is a system tool called "Get Profile" that allows you to pass in the DNIS, ANI or Line that feeds to a profile to retrieve the appropriate DS Key to use in Get Schedule.

If you wanted to use profile names for this rather than DNIS, ANI or Line, you'd need to pull back all of the attendant DS key paths and iterate through trying to match the Name attribute.  You would end up getting the same type of value (a DS Key path).

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Get Schedule from Profile instead of KeyWord

Posted 07-30-2021 15:19
    Thank you AARON, I am familiar with the Get Profile tool. Using a table with the Profile name in it I use the Get Profile to route from a Handler to a Profile.
    In this case for getting the Schedules, I do the Get Profile, Get Schedules and it brings back all 244 schedules we use defaulting to the wrong one. 
    I am able to use the Keyword and it works.
    In the Attendant Incoming Call Selection, we use a name instead of the DNIS so it will not match any DNIS. I will see if I can change the DNIS attribute to the name.
    We have about 1200 DNIS coming in and adding each one to the many profiles was a killer. We created a table that has all the DNIS' that match to a name in the Incoming selection.
    I am going to try again. If no luck, we may just opt for Keyword and add it to the schedules.
    Thank you!!

Dale DeLoach

• 4.  RE: Get Schedule from Profile instead of KeyWord

Posted 07-30-2021 16:15

I looked at how I had ended up using this, and I had ended up going with keyword match because it was simpler in my use case.  But I like a problem, so I did a little more tinkering:

The profile value passed into Get Schedules should just be the final chunk of the path (0000XXXX).  You also can't just set the keywords field to "" directly.  You need to create a new string variable with an empty value, and use that in the keyword field.  Otherwise this pulls back every scheduled that matches empty keywords, which is probably all of them.  I also set the schedule type to "Interaction Attendant".

This pulled back the DS paths under the main profile path associated with each schedule.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Get Schedule from Profile instead of KeyWord

Posted 07-30-2021 18:09
    Thank you Aaron for all the information. I am still getting 249 schedules returned no matter how I set it up. I did what you suggested many times.​
    I use the Get Profile tool to transfer to a Profile from a handler all the time. I have to use the Incoming Call Selection Name to find the profile. There are no DNIS' in it. I have tried the Profile Name also.  
    All this information is in a Table so CSD Support can send calls anywhere by using the DNIS and not come into the normal Profile. They play messages, get acct number, Date of Birth and route to a profile using this table. Now they want to send calls directly to a workgroup but the new thing is using the table to define a schedule that corresponds with the workgroup. They put the Profile name in the table as a Schedules field but I never get the correct Schedules unless it is with using Keyword. I really appreciate your information on this! For now, I intend on setting it up by Keyword and adding a Keyword to the 249 schedules but still want to work on this to find out why!
    You could figure this out if you saw it and a lot more. This Tool is not my thing!

Dale DeLoach

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources