PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Max Calltime

Posted 07-30-2019 09:24
    Is there a way to set the max Calltime so that for example a call gets disconnect after 4 Hours.
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 2.  RE: Max Calltime

Posted 07-30-2019 10:15
    Andreas,

I don't think there is an out of box setting to do this, then again maybe its hidden in an optional server parameter. If you really wanted this I suspect you could build something in handlers to do this. Can I ask you what your use case is for this setting change, what are you trying to solve?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Max Calltime

Posted 07-31-2019 04:21
    OK, let's take the following example: An Agent (User) was dialed in into an external conference (e.g. WebEx). Then he locked the screen and went home (without leaving the conference).

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 4.  RE: Max Calltime

Posted 08-03-2019 14:37
    Andreas,

I can see how that would be useful, but unfortunately, you would have no way of knowing if the user was legitemately on a long call or not and, therefore, you would risk cutting off a real, live call.

Like Mark said, you could do something with a Handler, but I would be more inclined to run a report and see if it's actually happening. If so, deal with the individual user(s) on a case-by-case basis. You could even set an alert up to let you know when it ocurrs and then have a Supervisor go in, listen in on the call (to see if it's active) and manually disconnect it if not.

Just my 10 cents...

• 5.  RE: Max Calltime

Posted 08-05-2019 11:33
    Andreas,

I have seen this use case referenced before. As Paul points out its very possible that you will have active calls for more than x amount of hours and could disconnect valid calls. A long time ago we wrote a custom handler to disconnect all active calls at 2 AM every morning as the call center should not have active calls at that time. I know it's not exactly what you are looking for but I think it should fill your need. Then again understand that there will probably come a time where someone has a reason to be on the phone at 2 AM and you will disconnect them.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources