PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-04-2020 18:13
    Hi, 

I am offering a callback before a call drops into queue by looking if there are no agents available.

My callbacks are consistently getting jumped in queue by newer calls waiting in queue.  I might have a callback sit for 15 minutes until all of the calls have been picked up.

Any advice on what to look at?   Can I set a priority on Callbacks?

thanks!
    Craig.

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Craig Andree
    SECURIAN FINANCIAL NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 02:57
    Edited by Paul Abbott 02-05-2020 03:08
    Hi Craig.

Yes, ACD Priority is just an Attribute.

After you convert to Callback set the attribute Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupPriority to you new value

Paul Abbott
    Next Holdings Ltd

• 3.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 08:42
    We tend to experience the same problem with callbacks not getting prioritized correctly.  My question is the proper placement of the attribute in the callback creation sequence.  Should it be placed before or after the callback node?

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 4.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 08:53
    Hi Barry.  Are you just using Attendant to deliver Callback.?

Sorry we exclusively use Handlers, all our Queues a "Custom".

We have it configured so we can have Callback enabled 24/7 but it only actually gets offered if business rules are met (such as Amount of calls holding and Total hold time).  You would have to break into one of the queuing handlers.

Paul Abbott
    Next Holdings Ltd

• 5.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 09:04
    Hi Paul - one of our 4 IVR apps is using a handler, while the others are using logic within Attendant. 

For the apps where the logic is strictly in Attendant - The way it works is if the AWT >+ 5 mins (during business hrs), then the call takes a specific queue path with the callback offering.  We allow the caller to either use the number they called from, or enter a different 10-digit number for the callback. Once complete, it hits the CB node to denote which queue to apply the callback interaction to, then disconnect the call.

The one stand-out IVR app that uses a handler follows a similar path as noted above.  The issue with this one is two-fold (1) I don't have visibility into the handler itself (2) I haven't yet been formally trained on handlers (that's coming next month).  The developers who built the handler supposedly did so with the intent of correcting the prioritization issue, but I can attest that recent usage of the callback feature for this one IVR has shown us that to not be the case.

Hope this helps.

Barry Farrington

• 6.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 09:19
    The Attendant Callback should be using handler "IntAttRequestCallback".  If so you can break into the Customization Point "CustomIntAttRequestCallbackPostCreate" and have a single "Set Attribute" step.  That should give/raise the Priority of the Callback.

Unsure of you do this but we have a new "Queue Column" in the Admin Tool set against Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupPriority so we can see the Priority in the ICBM

Paul Abbott
    Next Holdings Ltd

• 7.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 09:31
    As we don't currently use Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupPriority in any capacity (from what I've been able to ascertain from the Attendant configs), it's not currently set up an available queue column item.  Of course, I can't speak to what's in the callback handler for the one key IVR app that uses it.

Barry Farrington

• 8.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 10:04
    Craig,

I'm not certain if this applies to callbacks (you need to check) but the default priority for a call is 50. You could reverse your thinking and simply de-prioritize calls that you put into the queue so that the callback's default is higher?

Having said that, I suspect that the general thinking is that you wouldn't want to keep people who stay on the line, waiting, whereas a callback can be delayed with less impact on Customer Service. Either way, the basic problem is you have more customers wanting to speak to you than you have agents to deal with them. Someone has to wait!

Finally, and again I have never investigated this and it's subtle nuances, but my understanding is that if you offer the callback when the call is already in-queue, then the C/B object replaces the Call object and "maintains it's place" in the queue. Again, might be worth looking in to.

HTH

• 9.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-05-2020 21:25
    Hi, 

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

First, I implemented Steve's recommendation Queue Column for Priority and found my calls had a priority of 50 and callbacks a priority of 1.  No wonder Callbacks were getting jumped.   

Here is what I did to set the "hold your place in line" callback priority to the same as a call:

I added steps to CustomWorkgroupQueueInteraction.
    • media type step to select only callbacks
    • selection step for each of my workgroups with Callbacks.
    • Copied the ACD Initiate Processing step for each workgroup from CustomIVRWorkgroupQueue to set the same priority as calls.

This seems to be working, but I need to monitor to queues more to be sure. 

Craig.

Craig Andree
    SECURIAN FINANCIAL NETWORK

• 10.  RE: Callbacks getting jumped in queue by calls

Posted 02-07-2020 12:30
    In the Attendant callback toolstep there's no option for setting skill level and/or priority for callbacks as is the case with calls, therefore unless otherwise defined somehow the priority will always be set to default which is 50 by default and no skill requirement which means the callback ACD score will be way less than calls if you utilize skills for calls, we have a custom handler that does all this for us.

Eliezer Stekel

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources