PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reporting from Other DBs in ICBM

Posted 05-06-2020 07:59
    Hi everyone,

I am curious if anyone has added reports into ICBM using an outside Database?  It does look like this is possible, but Support could not answer me.

I would be very excited to hear from someone who has done this.

What needs 100% to be in place for the report to run at all?

I have modified the reports within IC, but never attempted creating one from scratch, let alone trying to connect to another DB.  So instead of spending countless hours, it would be nice to know if someone has already done it?

Best regards,
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 2.  RE: Reporting from Other DBs in ICBM

GENESYS
    Posted 05-07-2020 09:16
    Hi Egill - 

It has been awhile, but this is something that is possible.  You'll first need at least Crystal Reports 2013 (the latest supported runtime for PureConnect), and the latest version of the u2lininsupportu.dll libraries for Crystal.  You'll be on your own for the full version of Crystal, but Support should be able to provide the latest *.DLL.

You'll want to setup an ODBC connection on the server that points to the different DB Server/DB.  And then setup a datasource in Interaction Administrator that points to that new ODBC connection.

I hope this helps at least point you in the right direction!  You may find more information in the Reporting Technical Reference guide as well.

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 3.  RE: Reporting from Other DBs in ICBM

Posted 05-07-2020 09:32
    Thanks a lot Trent for taking the time to answer,

I am already this far, I guess the main problem is in how you define the parameters within Administrator.

Like the Assembly Name, and Class Name.  Since I am not really using the IC Database, it is a bit confusing when to use which parameters and where? :)

They do talk about it in the documentation, but not how to actually use them.  There is a section called "Appendix G: Parameter Types for Custom Crystal Reports" and then just lists them.  But I have no Idea If I have to use them for a custom report that is not from an IC database?

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 4.  RE: Reporting from Other DBs in ICBM
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-07-2020 13:58
    Edited by Egill Pálsson 05-14-2020 07:15
    Are you referring to the Assembly Name and Class Name that are viewable in the IA UI?  Have a look at the below.  If I'm understanding correctly, you may not need those fields.  For example, the Interaction Reporter reports were updated to use the Crystal 2013 runtime, and the previous runtime (Active Reports) is no longer supported.  As a result, you'll see those fields for the legacy active reports...:

....but those entries will be blank for the reports running the Crystal Reports runtime...:

All that said, once you get the report created in Crystal, you can import it with the Crystal Reports Import Utility, which can be viewed/downloaded from the Utilities/Download page.  And more information on that utility can be found here.

@Marion Crutchfield - with regards to the ​Crystal Reports Tech Ref - Appendix G, could you provide more info?  Can those "ININ" specific parameters be ignored if the report in question isn't even referring to the PureConnect DB?

Thank you!

Trent Vance
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources