PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Adding backup server for existing CIC server

Posted 12-21-2021 17:16
    Guys I got the below attached error as you can see in picture when running Interaction Migration app , what I'm trying to do is to add backup server for existing CIC server as you

know this server has been used so its contain a lot of configuration and that's why I'm using Interaction migrator , my question is does there another way to make this process and if

its the only , how could I skip this error and what should I do more ,,,, any past experience plz.

Thanks  

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Mohannad haddad
    Fourth Dimension Systems Company

• 2.  RE: Adding backup server for existing CIC server

Posted 12-22-2021 09:42
    Hello Mohannad,

here are notes from my DR kit that asould help you:

Once the CIC software has been installed and patched, Interaction Migrator needs to be run to apply the configurations to the system.   

There are several things to note, as performing them incorrectly will cause the recovery process to fail

First, The version of Interaction Migrator used to produce the Migration Source file must be the same version as the Migrator used in the Import process.

The Migration Source file should be produced after any major change to the system. The Migration Source file will be named servername_date_produced.ininimgr

Second, the Host ID of the target system cannot be the same as the source system.

Verify both considerations before proceeding.

Change Host ID

Log in to Interactive Administrator, choose home site, change ID from 1 to 12.

Set up Host Id step – Open Interactive Administrator

Click on Home Site

Double click Configuration

Change value to 12 (or a value different that source system.)

==================

This should solve your issue.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 3.  RE: Adding backup server for existing CIC server

Posted 12-23-2021 02:52
    Dear Mohannad,

I faced several problems with Migrator app. Specially if server name is different between source and destination, migrator cannot import config properly.

What I am doing is :
    1- Using DSEDITU to export config in .xml format for the exact tree (Workgroup, Users, Locations etc.)
    2- Edit exported .xml files with Notepad++ and replace server names in it with new server name
    3- Import them in to new server and restart server.

Regards,
    Guchan

Guchan Erzorlu
    Call Center Resources Dan. A.S

• 4.  RE: Adding backup server for existing CIC server

Posted 12-28-2021 03:06
    Dear I would like to thank you for your help , I have tried it and its doesn't work as expected which I was expect to see all imported configuration in IA unfortunately I didn't

find anything from the imported configuration but I realized something when try to add a previous station to new CIC I got an message told it's already exist ,,, so my

question does there any missed step or what should I do to view the imported configuration on IA .

BR

Mohannad haddad
    Fourth Dimension Systems Company

• 5.  RE: Adding backup server for existing CIC server

Posted 12-28-2021 03:59
    Hi Mohannad,

You have to export and import both "IP Phones" and "workstations".
    But that stations are just an example.

You can go through all DSEDITU tree, export and import all needed config one by one.

You should not export-import following data, do them manually  :
    o Certificates
    o Config Certificates
    o Custom Handlers
    o Dialer Configuration
    o Handlers
    o IP\Handlers
    o License File
    o Media Server
    o Port-To-Certificate Mappings
    o Server Certificate Files
    o Server Certificates

Regards,
    Guchan

Guchan Erzorlu
    Call Center Resources Dan. A.S

• 6.  RE: Adding backup server for existing CIC server

Posted 01-11-2022 08:30
    If this is a backup are you going to place this server into a switchover pair with the existing CIC?  If you go that route, once the CIC servers are in a switchover pair they backup system will get sync'ed with the primary server and get all the information/data/handler automatically.

Scott WilliAMs
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources