PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Second incoming call going to VoiceMail

Posted 09-20-2019 13:33
    We are in the process of moving our business user from 3.1 to 2019 R2 4.0. One issue being reported is that when a user in on the phone and receives a second call it is not ringing the phone but instead going right to VoiceMail. The station is configured for 2 lines with 1 call per line.
    I tested without using Web Client or Desktop client and the second call I made did not ring physical phone.
    I also tested with the Desktop client and when I called with my cell phone I went right to VoiceMail. I can see the second call in the interactions tab and while listening to the greeting pick up the call. Ring while on the phone is set in the desktop client.
    I get the same results using the web client.
    Besides mostly everything is there a new setting that wasn't in 3.1 that is now in 2019 R2 4.0 that I can check. 

Thank you for your responses.
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Vito Denaro

• 2.  RE: Second incoming call going to VoiceMail

Posted 09-25-2019 09:30
    Vito,

There is a security right at the user level called Multiple Calls, ensure that this is checked for the users. I've never done a 3.0 upgrade all the way to 2019 R2 but when you are going between different 20XX versions and a new security right is added it won't automatically be checked, so if you are missing this security right this could explain it.

When you do testing with just the station are you calling the station directly or are you calling the user's extension who has a default workstation for the workstation? The Polycom phones usually always have call waiting, I know there use to be a way to turn it off but I haven't seen that option in some time, maybe they moved it.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Second incoming call going to VoiceMail

Posted 09-25-2019 10:41
    Mark thank you for your response. When I do testing I call the users extension or their DID and then make the second call. I checked the security rights and Multiple Calls is checked on the default user and it shows as inherited from the Default User on all roles.

Vito Denaro
    Mediacom LLC

• 4.  RE: Second incoming call going to VoiceMail

Posted 09-25-2019 10:57
    Hello

Are you setting the number of calls allowed as 2 in the Workgroup Configuration > ACD Tab?

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 5.  RE: Second incoming call going to VoiceMail

Posted 09-25-2019 11:35
    The users on this system, 2019 R2, are all business users no ACD. All our call centers are on two other CIc systems.

Vito Denaro
    Mediacom LLC

• 6.  RE: Second incoming call going to VoiceMail

Posted 09-26-2019 10:03
    Vito,

Have you looked at the IP log. It should indicate why it thinks it can't alert the user.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 7.  RE: Second incoming call going to VoiceMail

GENESYS
    Posted 09-27-2019 11:12

Mark's suggestion of looking at the IP logs is probably the right step. Once you've got an example Interaction ID, IP should provide some valuable insight as to what the interaction is doing when it goes to the alerting toolstep. 

Also in regards to your comment on configuring the station for 2 lines and 1 call1 per line, should not affect a users ability to be alerted while on another call. 

I did some quick testing in my environment and the only instance in which secondary calls were directed immediately to voicemail was when I was in a DND status. When I was in an available status, calls were still alerting my client and ringing as I would expect. 

Tyler Hammer
    Software Engineer - Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources