PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Custom Email Profiles - Sent Emails No Longer Showing in Sent Folder

• 1.  Custom Email Profiles - Sent Emails No Longer Showing in Sent Folder

Posted 05-02-2021 21:42
    Hello all,

I've had a case open with Customer Care for over a month not even being close to a resolution so hopefully someone here can help me. 

We've recently redone our whole IVR/ACD settings and workgroups to a skills based system rather than without. Part of this included using word recognition to sort our email contacts into new skilled workgroups, using an Attendant Custom Email Profile. 

The Custom profile is set up to pick up the word, assign a skill, send the email to a workgroup.

Previously, we had it set up through the workgroup in Administrator, where  the ACD Routing checkbox was ticked, and that's all the routing was. While we had it set up this way, emails were saving into the "Sent" folder of Outlook (so that coworkers could copy paste their sent emails into cases). Now, since changing to the Attendant profile, it isn't. 

Am I missing a server parameter or recording policy option that might of been set up with the previous workgroups that I don't know about? The system was not previously set up by me so I have a feeling there's something that needs to be changed somewhere to the new workgroups. 

Any ideas?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Anastasia Brown
    IKEA Pty Limited

• 2.  RE: Custom Email Profiles - Sent Emails No Longer Showing in Sent Folder

Posted 05-03-2021 04:38
    Hello,

This will probably not solve it but maybe there is a parallel in regard to the reason for not saving the sent emails.
    We had a similar issue on a customer deployment in the past: the email handling was set up through the workgroup in Administrator, where the ACD Routing checkbox was ticked. There also the "save replies to Sent items folder" checkbox need to be checked, in order that the emails sent are stored on the mail server.
    It works fine as long as the agent sending the email reply or forward is member of the concerned WG.
    If an agent who is not a member of the WG is working on emails (e. g. by cherry picking them from the WG queue) and sending replies, these are not saved in the mail server.

I had a case open with Care and the outcome was that the reason is related to the queue, from where the email is sent:
    - In the case the agent is member of the WG, the email remains in the WG queue, as long as the agent is working on it.
    - In the case of a non-member, the email goes to the agent queue, when the agent picks the email.
    When the email is sent from the WG queue, the configured setting in IA (e. g. "save replies to Sent items folder") is enforced and the CIC instructs the email server to store the outgoing email. Otherwise, this configuration is not enforced, as the outgoing email is not being sent "from" the WG.
    We could see in the email connector logs (EWS connector in our case), that the command sent by the CIC to the email server was different in each of the cases.

The question is, how to enforce the saving of the emails in the case the email routing is not configured in the WG and Attendant profiles are used instead.
    Eventually you could try just to turn it on for the affected WGs and tick the "save replies to Sent items folder" checkbox, even without specifying a mailbox.

Regards,
    Marcelo

Marcelo Heil França
    InfinIT.cx GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources