PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Scheduling Issues

Posted 06-08-2021 11:26
    Hello,

We are a smaller contact center with about 65 agents.  When our scheduler runs her schedule more often than not she receives and error of "Agents not fulfilling need" and one or two agents will be scheduled and the rest will not.  We have opened several tickets for this issue and we never get a real fix or answer only a work around of removing agents from the workgroups and removing the optimizer licenses and adding back; this rarely works.  I am  now restarting the Optimizer server and this seems to help with the issue but we always have the same agent that will not be scheduled and it is one of the agents where the work around for removing licenses and adding back has been applied.
    So, after the optimizer server has been restarted and the schedule runs it takes anywhere from an hour and 45 minutes to run to over 2 hours for the 65 agents.

I know we cannot not be the only organization that has a constant battle with optimizer. The problems range for "unhandled exceptions" to the "agents not schedulable" and "running out of memory".  Can anyone share their issues and how you resolve or get by?  Our scheduler spends more time trying to get this program run correctly than she does doing her job.  She is using a computer that is pretty amped up and far exceeds the minimal requirements to run optimizer. Is the time frame to run a schedule typical?

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed!

Tina
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 2.  RE: Scheduling Issues

Posted 06-09-2021 06:57
    Ouch!  2 hours?!  I have a workgroup with ~100 agents and over 60 skills (Yeah, I said 60 skills) and it takes about 20 minutes to generate schedules for that group. But we do run fixed schedules (each associate has a fixed start and end time each day) so Optimizer just needs to figure out break placements.  I don't know, but if you are doing schedule preferences, that may take longer.--I would hope not 10x longer though!
    We've also had the issue with associates becoming disassociated with their workgroup so our Over/Unders and projected SL looks horrible. And we have also been given the workaround of removing the Optimizer license, wait 20 minutes then re-add it.  And wait 20 minutes to an hour for it to update. I would prefer a fix instead of a workaround though.

Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

• 3.  RE: Scheduling Issues

Posted 06-28-2021 12:39
    Hi Kenn,

Thanks for your response.  Another issue we see on a regular basis is "Agents Not Schedulable".  We have tried taking away the licenses and restarting Optimizer to no avail but have not followed this process waiting the 20 minutes that you recommend.  Any suggestions on this issue?  

Thanks,
    Tina

Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 4.  RE: Scheduling Issues

Posted 06-29-2021 07:05
    Tina,

I wish I had other suggestions, but this is the only workaround Genesys gave us.  I misspoke, it's wait TEN minutes, not TWENTY..

And one thing we've noticed is this tends to happen when we do a server switchover (once per month).  We have two servers, a primary and backup.  When IT switches us over during the maintenance window it seems that all or most of our agents fall out of their workgroup in Optimizer causing us to do use this work around.

"

This is an issue with sessionmanager starting up so some agent stats and info cant e pulled properly. The SCR for this issue is defined in IC-152835 and we do have a workaround in place for this that should help. TO workaround this please do the following:

1. take one use from the scheduleing unit in IA and remove "Optimizer Schedulable" license
    2. Wait 10 minutes for cache to update.
    3. Add license back
    4. wait 10 minutes to 2 hours for cache update

Give this a try and let us know the results. If this still doesn't work let us know and we can look over logs to see whats going on. "

Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources