PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Need List of Users with a particular license

Posted 09-06-2019 11:54
    Edited by William Wyszomirski 09-06-2019 12:23
    Hello everyone, here's my issue.

I have over 800 users in a license  (ie. Interaction Recorder Access)
    In Admin I can click on the license and view the users that are assigned to that license, but I can't find how to export/capture that list of 800 users without manually typing them one-by-one into a spreadsheet.

What I want to do is have a list of users that we can go through and determine if they are still valid (license cleanup).

I performed in Admin, a File, Export  (IAExport), but all it provided was if licenses were enabled, not which licenses they were assigned.

I've done some searches in the forums, but was unsure if these are still valid methods.
    1. Registry search ?  if so, what is the registry KEY(S) I'd be interested in ?
    2. Custom or Out-of-the-box Handler ?
    3. Is there a DB table I can query ?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice you can offer,
    -Bill
    #Handlers
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    William Wyszomirski

• 2.  RE: Need List of Users with a particular license

Posted 09-06-2019 14:08
    If you have access to your CIC servers, this data is stored in the registry.  I wrote a very basic powershell script that can be used to extract assigned licenses along with other details in the registry and posted it to github:  https://github.com/aaronlael/PureConnectLicensesPowershell

It requires some modification, so look at the readme and the script.  As always, run this against your dev environment first and I offer no warranty or support in your use of this script.

Additionally, all of this data can be exported via the ICWS api.  I would look over the guide to that on the Genesys developer site as that's a better methodology (and how I generate a weekly report for the environments I support).

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Need List of Users with a particular license

Posted 09-06-2019 15:30
    ​Thanks for the quick reply @Aaron Lael

When you run the PowerShell script, do you have an exported REG file in the directory in which you run the script ? or does it go directly against the Windows registry.

Also, The ICWS API method looks promising, I see that we do have the I3_FEATURE_ICWS_SDK license in our TEST system (2018 R3), but not in PROD.
    Looks like a good opportunity for me to come up with a Proof-of-concept script (JavaScript, I'm thinking) in TEST to validate the purchase of the ICWS for PROD.

Thanks again for the quick reply, It'll give me something to play with over the weekend.

-Bill

William Wyszomirski
    Excellus Health Plan Inc

• 4.  RE: Need List of Users with a particular license

Posted 10-28-2019 14:30
    Figured I was due for an update on this item.
    Our NT Admins have restricted access being able to read the registry, so ICWS was definitely the way to go.

Only issue I'm having now is the ICWS API limit of returning 200 rows of data.

GET http://ICServer:ICPort/icws/:sessionID/configuration/users/?select=licenseProperties.additionalLicenses
    only returns the first 200 users, which only gets me through the users that start with a, b, or c.

I have 1200+ users in the system, so I'm trying to wrap my head around how to get all users, besides doing this once for each letter of the alphabet.

William Wyszomirski
    Excellus Health Plan Inc

• 5.  RE: Need List of Users with a particular license

Posted 10-28-2019 14:38
    For my report, I pull back a list of all users in the system, then I iterate through the list performing an ICWS request to get details for each individual user.  I haven't run into any limits on the API using this process.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources