PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  .Net 3.5 dependency in higher 202x ?

Posted 06-10-2021 07:44
    I know i need .Net 3.5 for my current CIC 2018 build, but i was curious if the later versions remove this dependency and at what point i can remove it from my servers. 
    I am not sure if this dependency goes away or not, but thought i would ask.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: .Net 3.5 dependency in higher 202x ?

Posted 08-22-2023 15:07

Hi Christopher,

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

Levy

Levy Mertz
    B&H Foto & Electronics Corp.

• 3.  RE: .Net 3.5 dependency in higher 202x ?

Posted 08-22-2023 15:20

It is still a requirement as of at least 2021 R2.  That's the highest we're going to be going, so I cannot answer beyond that.

I would expect, with the infosys change occurring after this release, that absolutely nothing would have changed between then and now in the underlying architecture of the platform.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 4.  RE: .Net 3.5 dependency in higher 202x ?

Posted 08-22-2023 15:36

I know that the installation still requires it to be installed. My question is if it's just packaged for the install but can run without it or it's really needed.

We removed it post install and Interaction Desktop ran without any issues. Can someone confirm that that's the case?

Levy Mertz
    B&H Foto & Electronics Corp.

• 5.  RE: .Net 3.5 dependency in higher 202x ?

Posted 08-23-2023 09:04

Hey, Aaron!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have clearly missed something / not been keeping my finger on the pulse! "the infosys change occurring after this release" - what's happening?

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 6.  RE: .Net 3.5 dependency in higher 202x ?

Posted 08-23-2023 09:22

Since the "change in support model" that occurred well before the end of life announcement, there has been no feature developments/optimizations/major changes to PureConnect.  There have been minor bug fixes here and there, but they are generally fixing bugs introduced in other bug fixes.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 7.  RE: .Net 3.5 dependency in higher 202x ?

Posted 08-24-2023 12:40

Gotcha,

I thought there was something changing with Infosys after the current release. 

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources