PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Work Group ring for clients

Posted 10-30-2019 18:30
      |   view attached
    Hello,

We have a need to have group ring for several supervisors who all use interaction desktop only
    The Workgroup has been created and the DID has been assigned to an extension of the group with the members in it. 
    Doesn't seem to matter whether or not Workgroup Q box is checked but I have it checked with the type as "Group" and naturally the active box checked. When calling the DID we hear thank you for calling then it rings twice before VM responds that it needs and extension to reach.  

The dedicated DID needs to ring until a user answers the call which is the requirement now but I can see where it may need to eventually end up in a VM box which I am also in need to inquire about.

Appreciate any configuration direction I can get on this,

Thanks in advance for any help

GC
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    [Gerry] [Cruz]
    [Atos]

• 2.  RE: Work Group ring for clients

Posted 10-30-2019 18:43
    Try setting the timeout on the options tab to 1 day

Another option is to use a Station Group which has a continuous ring option...

Steve Owen
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 3.  RE: Work Group ring for clients

Posted 10-30-2019 18:49
    Also, uncheck the fax capability box.  This will eliminate the "Thank you for calling" and the 2 rings.

I should also be noted that the "Group" ring workgroup, the agents must be logged in and in an available status to ring their phone.  That is why a Station Group may be a better option until they are ready to allow VM.

Steve Owen
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: Work Group ring for clients

Posted 10-30-2019 19:58
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for the information - I wish they were phones as apposed to clients:( but since they are I am going to need to stick with a WG. I was able to rid the recording by removing the check box for Fax Capability so kudos to you! Unfortunately the time out didnt have an impact on ringing any user in the group which is logged on but the documentation I have mentioned that I wouldn't need it for the "Group" ring and btw your screen shot shows a slight difference on the form so I am not sure if the version I am running 2018 R2 P15 has anything to do with it but at least in golf terms the ball was advanced:)

Thank you!

Gerry

[Gerry] [Cruz]
    [Atos]

• 5.  RE: Work Group ring for clients

Posted 10-30-2019 20:19

The users will need to be logged in and in the "Available" status to get the calls.  If you need it to alert all logged in users no matter what, you will need to add or update a couple of server parameters:

"Workgroup Alert Users On Calls" = "Yes"
    "Alert Workgroup Users In DND Status" = "Yes"

NOTE:  These are global changes.  Any Group, Sequential, or Round Robin workgroup will be impacted.  These settings do not impact ACD groups.

Steve Owen
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 6.  RE: Work Group ring for clients

Posted 10-30-2019 21:01
      |   view attached
    Once again Kudo's Steve- I see what you mean all things given it does work but even with an agent available it only rings a few times and then I get that recording that says please enter the number of the party you would like to call? 

Any idea on why it would signal an available station on a group ring and rollover to VM

[Gerry] [Cruz]
    [Atos]

• 7.  RE: Work Group ring for clients

Posted 10-31-2019 08:05
    Scratch that last question - it was late I was working in a test environment that I failed to transfer the timeout information to, it is all good now

[Gerry] [Cruz]
    [Atos]

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources