PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to Webchat Interaction Id from Participant Id or Chat Id

Posted 09-17-2021 10:51
    Hello Community,

We're building our own application that utilizes PureConnect ICWS WebChat APIs and integrates with 3rd party Social Media Platform.

Currently, we noticed when we're using the Webchat /icws/web-chat/start API, for example, to start a new Chat Interaction, the outcome will be Participant Id and Chat Id.

As you might know, some ICWS APIs require the Interaction Id, like Transfer/Hold/Pickup/Record and we can't use the Participant Id or Chat Id to consume those APIs or to found a relation with Interaction Id from other APIs.

I believe there should be somehow a tool or API to retrieve the Interaction Id from the Participant/Chat Ids.

I do appreciate your advice or comments.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    #Handlers
    #Integrations
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Youssef Atef
    Jathwa Technical for Information Technology Company Ltd.
    Genesys Team Leader

• 2.  RE: How to Webchat Interaction Id from Participant Id or Chat Id

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2021 09:26
    Youssef,

I wasn't sure of this answer either so I went to the dev team to ask. Below is their reply. Hope this helps!

Chat Id and Interaction Id have no relationship at all.
    Chat Id will be used by the website or application that embeds the Web-Chat functionality to interact with CIC using ICWS.
    Interaction Id will be created by the CIC whenever it receives a web-chat and will be sent as an async response for queue subscription.

https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icws/webhelp/icws/(sessionId)/messaging/subscriptions/interaction-alerting/index.htm#put &
    https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icws/webhelp/icws/(sessionId)/messaging/subscriptions/queues/(subscriptionId)/index.htm#put

The interaction Id received on this async message should be used for "Transfer/Hold/Pickup/Record".

Scott Thomas
    Director of PM
    PureConnect

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources