PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  C4S - CIC for salesforce doesn't work on Chrome 96

Posted 11-29-2021 20:02

Dear Community Members,

Thanks for your support as always.

We are facing issues while using CIC for salesforce(C4S) on Chrome browser version -96.

while login in to C4S, following error is thrown :

"The user status could not be obtained. The request provided a session cookie, but the token is invalid or does not match the expected token."

We faced similar issue with Chrome version 91, which we were able to fix by disabling samesite cookie on Chrome.

C4S login issue was resolved by adding below to the shortcut of Chrome91.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-features=SameSiteByDefaultCookies

However, this parameter doesn't work with Chrome 96, tried various cookie related flags off, but still didn't work.

Kindly suggest if anyone of you have faced this issues on chrome 96 and if you have any suggestions to resolve the issue.

Regards, 
    Subhash Srivastava

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Subhash Srivastava Mr

• 2.  RE: C4S - CIC for salesforce doesn't work on Chrome 96

Posted 12-03-2021 16:08
    Hi Subhash - I recall having a similar problem in late 2019/early 2020 when Chrome came out with an update that also had something to do with samesite cookies.  I can't recall the specific Chrome version at that time but this was a rather big deal - and we worked directly with Genesys to get a patch for the version of PureConnect we were on at the time - I think we were on CIC2019R3.  I just did a test with Chrome 96 with our current 2021R3 P3 version and all is good - so I'm thinking that the patch we applied in early 2020 plus subsequent updates did the trick.

So my question for you is what version of PureConnect are you using?  If you have not patched your system prior to early 2020 then you could be experiencing the issue we did as well.

Good luck - 

Ken Shea

Kenneth mktUknown
    CITRIX SYSTEMS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources