PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Max records in a Dialplan Managed List

Posted 10-15-2021 18:43
    Hello everyone!

It isn't often I need to reach out, but this is one of those occasions!

I'm interested to know if anyone has come across a limit for the number of entries on a Dial Plan managed list? Either a hard limit (won't allow more then) or a soft one (performance suffered after passing X)

Thanks!
    #Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

• 2.  RE: Max records in a Dialplan Managed List

Posted 10-19-2021 10:15
    Paul last time I came across something like this was in 2.3.1 and it was something like 10,000 entries. I remember not hitting that in 3.0 and beyond.

But this was well over a decade ago I ran into something like this so, not real sure.

------------------------------
    ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Max records in a Dialplan Managed List

Posted 10-19-2021 12:09
    Thanks, Ryan!

I'm helping someone who is dealing with a system with over 9,000 AND using the DialPlan with Dialer, so I'm looking to see if I can figure out the performance hit...

This certainly helps :-)

• 4.  RE: Max records in a Dialplan Managed List

Posted 10-19-2021 13:34
    Any reason why they can't do multiple lists based on area code etc? I think that would remove some performance issues.

Is it just the dialplan step in handlers you see have long delay in returning results or does IP all slow down and what is the load on IP look like?

Might be worth setting up a handler to test dial plan results and timing so its easier to see in one picture and test multiple lists based on some criteria.

What does the list do select a specific carrier / line etc?  If IP performance maybe off load to DB and have IPDB do the lifting and return the data to feed back into dialplan more efficiently. (did this for Some international routing before just cause it was easier portal for users)

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 5.  RE: Max records in a Dialplan Managed List

Posted 10-19-2021 18:32
    I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, but it looks like the intent was to implement DNC functionality. Calling any number on the list results in a classification of "Blocked", which will prevent manually dialed calls, but will not have any effect on Dialer! This, of course, means it isn't really feasible to break it up.

I can think of a number of alternative approaches that would be preferable for various reasons, but before I go shooting my mouth off, I wanted to see if it was exceeding any kind of built-in limit and / or recommendation.

I will do some load testing to see if I can figure out the impact, I just was hoping for a starting point - if you had come back and said "yeah, more than 100 and you're screwed!", it would "adjust" priorities somewhat! Given your comments about 10,000 be a limit in a previous version, I'm going to put this on the "we need to look into this further" list ;-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources