PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 01-09-2020 10:34
    Hello,

I am looking for some ideas regarding caller ID. 
    We have supervisors that use the polycom 501 model and if they are not logged into IC the caller ID sends out what is programmed on the identity out calling address of the lines. When logged into to IC the supervisor name is presented.
    I would like to be able to send out the supervisor name without the need to be logged into IC. 

If you have ideas or experience with this please share!

Thanks,
    Tina
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 2.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 01-09-2020 11:56
      |   view attached
    You can set Outbound ANI on the phone.
    In managed phones select the phone. General and then the line.
    Under station options set you ANI:

So for example here is a phone that we have in our Sales team.
    It has 2 lines.

Both display an ANI mapped to this user but one is for US and one is for Canada.

In this scenario we have sales reps make calls out 2 different appearances depending on country they are calling but you would do the same just for a single line appearance if you are only using one.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 01-09-2020 16:59
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.
    I already have the outbound ANI configured and still receive the line identity unless logged into IC.

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 4.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 01-09-2020 20:51
    You need to go to the line identity outbound and make sure you allow passed in header.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 5.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 01-10-2020 10:49
    HI Ryan,

I actually already have that configured as well. 
    I suppose I am not being clear on what I have done and I apologize.  From all appearances in the configuration it looks as if the caller ID should send the ANI and when the supervisor is logged into IC the name of the supervisor is present for both internal an external calls and is displayed as the name is entered under the user account and the personal information tab.  The phone/managed workstation is set as the default under the user configuration tab.  If I remove the default workstation name I get the same results; the outbound call sends out the line identity when not logged into IC and sendd out the name of the workstation if logged into IC.

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 6.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 01-10-2020 12:13
    If you wanna PM me and shoot me a Reg export and the phones / lines in question I can take a quick look and isolate it.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 7.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 01-10-2020 15:40
    you rock, thanks!

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 8.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 02-11-2020 12:30
    Hey Ryan,

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.  I did open a ticket with support and their consensus is that this cannot be changed without changing the line out identity and the "From" Header Address: Use passed value if present means that it will use the line identity unless IC passes in other information such as the user information of someone logged in, which we have already established.

This is really inconvenient for supervisors that do not need to be logged in all of the time.

Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 9.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 02-17-2020 08:24
    Tina,

Years ago if the user had a default workstation defined and they were not logged in the default workstation would display the user's name and ANI on outbound calls. However, it looks like recently Genesys decided to change this behavior although sometimes I think it still happens. I would have to look through my old notes as I ran into this a year or 2 ago. If I remember correctly a simple handler change would allow this to function again although I didn't fully test the change so it may take some time.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 10.  RE: Outbound Caller ID with Polycom 501

Posted 02-18-2020 10:58
    ​Hi Mark,

Thank you for the information.  We configured a personal/private line for the users needing to have caller ID presented and so far, this appears to be working.  If you are able to get additional information, anything will be helpful!

Thank you,
    Tina

Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources