PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Desktop/Connect using Outlook Add-In

Posted 09-13-2019 09:13
    Does anyone have familiarity with the Outlook Add-In using it with Interaction Desktop and/or Connect? Specifically, I found that I cannot install it as we use Outlook 2016 so we get hit with the "Outlook 2010 must be installed to apply this product" error which halts install. We try to stay current-ish and have the latest Microsoft sw for our clients to use so just curious as to whether this Add-In generally stays current and there was just something specific with 2016 as to why 2010 must be used. Also, looking for overall comments whether the Add-In requires a significant increase in support resources due to Microsoft updates, user breaks, etc. Thanks to any assists!
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Alex Belec

• 2.  RE: Interaction Desktop/Connect using Outlook Add-In

GENESYS
    Posted 09-19-2019 13:07
    Hi Alex, 

Great question! @Chuck Rasmussen discussed your question in the first episode of the PureConnect Community Q&A Show! You can check it out here!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 3.  RE: Interaction Desktop/Connect using Outlook Add-In

Posted 09-19-2019 23:02
    Edited by Richard Presling 09-19-2019 23:04
    Hi Alex,

I watched the PureConnect Community Q&A Show and remembered a similar problem I had where the Interaction Conference Plugin for Outlook wouldn't work for Outlook 2016. During installation I was prompted to install Outlook 2010.

I logged a support ticket 2306583 and the developers updated the plug in to work with Outlook 2016.
    Although I didn't specifically confirm that their fix also fixed the plug in that you require it was implied that my SCR for 2018R3 would also fix the addin you want to use.

It would be worth asking support and quoting my ticket number.

I hope that helps.

Richard Presling
    Pyrios (Pty) Limited

• 4.  RE: Interaction Desktop/Connect using Outlook Add-In

Posted 09-23-2019 09:23
    Excellent! Thanks for the reply and I will check into it. Thanks Richard!​

Alex Belec

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources