PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Automation

Posted 07-15-2020 14:34
    Is anyone able to setup automation with API's for PureConnect?  Was looking through the developer page and see things for PureCloud but not the on prem PureConnect version.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Lisa Gray
    Elevate Credit Services, LLC

• 2.  RE: Automation

Posted 07-15-2020 15:41
    This is the ICWS API Documentation:

https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icws/webhelp/ConceptualContent/Welcome.htm#top

Most(maybe all) administrative tasks are exposed in this API. I use the API to assist in automating maintenance tasks.  I have done POC stuff on automating user/workgroup builds.

There is also an API for the media servers:

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedProjects/wh_tr/mergedProjects/wh_tr_media_server/desktop/interaction_media_server_rest_api.htm

Tim

Tim Cannon

• 3.  RE: Automation

Posted 07-15-2020 17:51
    What are you trying to do?

• 4.  RE: Automation

Posted 07-16-2020 13:15
    Automate what makes sense like repetitive/manual tasks.  One big one is the queue closures for Holiday schedules.  Always seems to be last minute, want to avoid missing queues or shutting the wrong queues down etc.

Lisa Gray
    Elevate Credit Services, LLC

• 5.  RE: Automation

Posted 07-17-2020 09:57
    I'd be interested to see how your system is set up. I'm not sure what you mean by "queue closures",

The standard way to do this is to use Schedules in Attendant. When it comes to a holiday (say) you would use an Annual Schedule (I would recommend using a System Schedule) and then  present the caller with different options which simply don't include the queues that are not available

May I suggest you take a look at the "Configuring Call Flows" class which covers this kind of functionality in detail?

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources