PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 10-30-2019 16:03
    Hi - I'm hoping that someone can assist with this.  We recently migrated to PureConnect, and before we did, we tested the ability to pass IC notes from one user to another via transfer profiles.

However, when we went live, that process seemed to stop.  We have re-tested in PROD and we can see the first agent type the notes into IC Notes and save them, but the moment the call is transferred, the notes disappear.

Now - here's where the monkey-wrench comes in...

If we attempt the same test via our training IVR - which is in the same PROD environment as our other IVRs, the IC Notes pass from one agent to another via transfer profile process works as expected.

I've reviewed BOTH transfer profiles and they're set up the same, so I can't see anything that would indicate an issue with the TP.

In addition, if the call is transferred from person to person, the IC notes follow with no issue.

Has anyone encountered this issue?  And if yes, how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect IVR/ACD Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 11-07-2019 15:21
    Sorry for asking but when you say "via transfer profiles" are you then referring to the Attendant transfer profiles or something else?

I use the Eic_Note attribute a lot and have not seen anything like this before.  My first instinct would be to filter the IP log for Eic_Note on both working and non-working systems.  You should be able to see where the Eic_Note attribute gets no value.  Also if you know which initial Handlers are responsible for the transfer, you can put them in debug mode and follow it, checking everytime Interaction1 is modified.  

I hope this helps a little bit :)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 3.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 11-07-2019 15:35
    Hi - yes, I'm referring to the transfer profiles in Attendant.  Our IVR is set up to send the Eic_Note in the queue logic, and we pass the call ID and the member ID (if caller authenticates) from the IVR.

However, when the call is passed from one agent to another using Attendant transfer profiles, the data appears - along with any additional notes that the first agent saved for passing to the next available agent.  This is the feedback I received from one of the Genesys senior engineers:

"You are correct that a direct user to user transfer should retain the Interaction Notes since they are the same base interaction and not necessarily independent legs that are merged (although I am curious as to whether there is a difference between Consult transfers and Blind transfers, and will test those out later). It is the queue transfers that would require a customization. I believe this is due to the fact that a queue transfer wipes the majority of ACD attributes and wipes the notes along with it, but I will test this out to confirm."

What is odd is that we tested this using a training IVR profile (also in the same server), which also has transfer profiles in Attendant and the notes are retained from agent to agent.

The bottom line is that we're getting inconsistent results and the ability to pass data in IC Notes from agent to agent is a critical need that we were expecting to use rather consistently.

I hope this helps.

Barry Farrington

• 4.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 11-07-2019 15:51
    Hmm ok, again I hope I am understanding things correctly :)  I agree this does sound weird. And I would definitely check the IP logs for what is happening, I think they are the very best choice. 

But why are you passing calls between agents using Attendant? Could this be creating a new Interaction ID, and therefore wiping the info? 
    Are the agents sending the calls to Attendant which then sends them on to other agents? Is there a particular reason for not having the agents send calls to Workgroups or or agents directly? (Sorry if I am being thick here:))

Could this be related to Line config or Dialplan that is in place on PROD and not DEV? Or possibly some minor Handler modifications that are in place on either of the systems that might not match up?

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 5.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 11-07-2019 16:02
    The issue is that we are a cloud solution client, so we don't have access to the IP logs.

In our call center, we pass calls from a "level one" agent who may not be fully trained on certain subjects, and therefore, has to transfer to an agent skilled to handle those specialized/escalation calls.  We've had this same process when we were on Avaya years ago and continued when we were on the Genesys Premier platform.  The Attendant transfer profile mimics a transfer "skill" that we use to route the call between agent groups.

The true oddity is that we have a training IVR that is in the same PROD environment as the IVR app that we're having the notes issue with.  One has the problem, the other does not - and there are no special handlers to consider between the two.

Hope this provides additional clarity.

Barry Farrington

• 6.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 11-07-2019 16:18
    It does indeed, thanks :)

The only thing I can think of now, that might affect this is the ACD Options parameter: "Maintain Skills on Transfer", I do think it is always unchecked by default.  
    Not sure if it is applicable in your scenario, but maybe worth a try?  It should maintain ACD skills when a call is transferred to a different workgroup or user.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 7.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 11-08-2019 09:42
    Barry,

Are you sure the agents are transferring the calls exactly the same way you are when you test? For example I have banged my head against the wall troubleshooting a transfer issue to finally travel out to the agent site to observe the behavior and turns out they were transferring the call from the phone instead of using the client like we trained them to do. Also the call will take totally different paths through the system if the call is blind transferred vs consult transferred. Perhaps the agents are invoking the transfer in a way you did not intend them to do it?

Since you don't have the IP log its going to be hard to troubleshoot this. How do you promote your changes between environments? Is it possible the attendant profile is set slightly differently between PROD and DEV or between the training profile on PROD and the normal profile on PROD?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 8.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 11-14-2019 15:02
    Hi Mark - 

I ran a test where I called into the IVR and got to an agent.  I pulled up the call in ICBM and then asked the agent to enter and save the test message in IC Notes. I could see the text appear in Notes when watching the "properties" screen for the target call.  But when the agent transferred the call via a specific transfer profile, the notes vanished.

Now...here's some key detail that I was not aware of at the time I ran these tests.

As it turns out, the developers who built our IVR in Attendant set up the transfer profiles to use the same inbound workgroup queue as the calls that come in the first time from Attendant.  That's causing a whole other array of issues (of which I will be fixing myself using a separate workgroup queue for transfers), but I'm wondering if that could be the root cause - AND - if my approach to using a different workgroup queue to transfer just might resolve the issue.

NOTE: I haven't yet tested in the DEV environment, but that is next on my list of to-do items.

Barry Farrington

• 9.  RE: IC Notes - Pass from One Agent to Another via Transfer Profile

Posted 12-16-2019 16:10
    Hi all - I FINALLY figured out the root cause of this issue.  It's a two-part issue:

(1) When our IVR/ACD environment was built out, the environment was set to send our internal transfer skills back into the primary inbound call queue in Attendant.  This was causing us to double-count calls AND affect our service level metrics negatively
    (2) When transfer calls were being routed back into the inbound queue, it was hitting the "Set Attribute" for "Eic_Notes", thus causing the Notes to be reset with each transfer

I wound up fixing this by creating a separate call transfer queue, so that calls already handled by an agent and requiring an internal transfer gets counted as a transfer with no impact to the inbound queue stats.  As I did not include a second 'Set Attribute" step for Eic_Notes, this ensures that the established notes gets passed to the next agent, and so on.

Hopefully, this information will help others who might be experiencing a similar issue.

Thanks!

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources