PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Set ANI when CIC rings to Remote Number?

Posted 08-09-2019 13:00
    I'm having an issue where Remote Number does not work anymore since Monday.  It seems some carriers have decided to block calls that do not have ANI set.  When using Remote Number and my cell phone for example, I get instant disconnected after a second [Connection Call Unsuccessful] error.  I am thinking that when the CIC is reaching out to my cell phone, there is no ANI set and the call isn't allowed to go through.

Has anyone else had issues with using Remote Number this week?  How have you resolved?

Thanks for any information or help

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Thomas

• 2.  RE: Set ANI when CIC rings to Remote Number?

Posted 08-12-2019 11:52
    Tried again today and same result.  I am almost convinced this is a carrier issue.  If I change my remote number by one digit, it will go through, but I cannot use my cell number.

Thomas Maher
    Health OutSourcing Networks

• 3.  RE: Set ANI when CIC rings to Remote Number?

Posted 08-12-2019 12:06

Thomas,

Can you please clarify what your are trying to do here? There are 2 primary events when PureConnect initiates the remote number station connection. The 1st is a phone call from PureConnect to the remote number. Out of the box, there is little you can do with this call as it always dials from Default Location region. You can specify a Dial Group for these station connection calls but that's about all you can do.

The 2nd event is the actual call from PureConnect (e.g. the outside caller), using the established station connection call to the remote number as the transport.

Where and for what purpose would you want to modify ANI?

Thanks,

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 4.  RE: Set ANI when CIC rings to Remote Number?

Posted 08-12-2019 12:47
    Hi Chris,

I am trying to get remote number working again. Considering we made no production changes and that feature stopped working, I am looking for a workaround or resolution.

I was hoping to set a number for the CIC when it is dialing the telephone/cellphone used as the remote number. Currently it comes across as all 0's which in my mind is the reason my cell phone is not picking up the call and getting disconnected before even moving on to the next leg of the interaction, which would be dialing the number I called.

Inbound calls do route to a remote number fine, but a user logged in with remote number can not dial out (depends on carrier?). [Connection Call Unsuccessful] is the error given when dialing out with a remote number.

I get instant fails on outboud dialing using my cell phone as the remote number. However, if I change my remote number by 1 digit, 9354 instead of 9353 for example, the call goes through no isues at all.

Thomas Maher

• 5.  RE: Set ANI when CIC rings to Remote Number?

Posted 08-12-2019 13:21
    When you say "However, if I change my remote number by 1 digit, 9354 instead of 9353 for example, the call goes through no issues at all.", are you adding a full 10 digit number as the remote station connection number or just 4? Assuming it's a 10 digit number, have you tested the number in Dial Plan, Simulate Call, from Default Location? This may expose an anomaly not visible elsewhere

"Currently it comes across as all 0's..." meaning this is the ANI the remote number device(mobile phone) is receiving from PureConnect? To check the ANI for this connection call, what is ANI setting for the PureConnect line used for the connection call? Of course, some carriers do not allow custom ANI be injected but most do.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 6.  RE: Set ANI when CIC rings to Remote Number?

Posted 08-12-2019 13:51
    Changing the line identity from 0000000000 to a 1 fixed the issue.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Chris.

Thomas Maher

• 7.  RE: Set ANI when CIC rings to Remote Number?

Posted 08-20-2019 03:58
    Hello Thomas,

​Since a few months the telecom carrers in Europe are applying stricklier the RFCs, rules/laws on PTSN connexions. We have faced the same issue, our decision is now to set the default ANI to a "non 0" value and to use the first value of our SDA range as the default value.

Hope this can help you in US.

Regards,
    Lionel

Lionel Florence
    HELPLINE

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources