PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  AMA Ice Breaker - What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-28-2019 11:33
    Hey WEM Team,

We asked community members for ice breakers and a lot of people wrote in with suggestions. I randomly selected one of the ice breakers to get the AMA going. The community wants to know: What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

If you have an ice breaker for us to include in the hat, email them to GenesysCommunity@Genesys.com

Hope everyone enjoys the AMA! 

Cheers,

#AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-28-2019 12:04
    Okay, I'll bite (see what I did there)...I was at a business dinner in Norway and tried raw whale meat which is a delicacy there.

Michele Fisher
    Genesys - Employees
    Director, Product Management

• 3.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-28-2019 12:06

From your experience, should it be a delicacy more places? What did it taste like? 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 4.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

Posted 08-28-2019 18:41
    +1 to this. Definitely keen to know what it tasted like?

Jayden Bradow
    Service Performance Analyst
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 5.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-28-2019 12:06
    Strange is relative, but I'd have to say for me it was sea urchin sashimi. It was too long ago for me to do justice in trying to explain the texture and flavor, but it was definitely worth giving it a go.

Charles Fico
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-28-2019 12:12
    Our son bought a Durian fruit last year but he was the only one that was brave enough to try it.  It pretty much was every bad smell you've ever experienced at one time and the pulp just oozed out of it.  We had to throw out the cooler that we brought it home in as the smell just wouldn't go away.  Great family bonding experience though :-)

Lisa Johnson
    Director, Development
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - What is the strangest food you have ever seen and/or consumed?

Posted 08-28-2019 18:42
    After reading your description it makes me wonder why people would ever want to eat this lol

Jayden Bradow
    Service Performance Analyst
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources