PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Connect Windows Authentication Not Working

Posted 09-07-2020 01:28
    Hi

Interaction Connect windows authentication doesnot work but for the same agent Desktop windows authentication works fine.
    When i click on Windows authentication on interaction connect It popups up a window saying  "your connection to this site is not private and request for Username and password.

Also interaction connect doesn't accept host-name in server field as it works with omly ip address of CIC but for desktop it works with both hostname and IP aswell

Request your kind inputs

Regards
    Mirza
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    MM

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect Windows Authentication Not Working

Posted 09-22-2020 04:52
    For SSO to get working the following requirements must be fullfilled:
    1. HTTPS (you need encryption, so http is not working with sso)
    2. A valid certificate the Client is trusting ( so the "lock" Icon in the browser address line is closed)
    3. A SPN Entry in the AD (so the authentication is using Kerberos instead of NTLM)

Andreas

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect Windows Authentication Not Working

Posted 03-22-2021 17:53
    Edited by Vineet Kakroo 03-22-2021 17:54

Hi Andreas,

Hope you are well.
    This is a post from last year but we are having the same issue with Interaction Connect.
    We currently use the SSO with Google Chrome and Firefox but it does not work with Edge (Chromium).

We use IIS 8.0 as our Interaction Connect server running on Windows.

Can you please elaborate on point 3 above and what actually needs to happen here. I am not sure what exactly to do and which AD do we need to add SPN entry to and what that entry should be like.

Regards
    Vineet

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect Windows Authentication Not Working

Posted 04-06-2021 08:13
    Hi Vineet,

Sorry, but we don't use Edge (Chromium) in our environment.

Andreas

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect Windows Authentication Not Working

Posted 04-16-2021 12:32

Hey Vineet,

Is it mandatory for you to use Kerberos?  Or are you just trying to get Single sign on to work?

If you only need SSO using the Edge browser, you need to download the Policy Files for Edge, foundon this link here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/business/download

When this is done, make sure to follow the instructions on how to install them, either for use in AD as a GPO or you can add them locally to the workstation.

You only need to configure one setting(see picture).  In IIS turn off "Windows Authentication" for the Website, and just use anonymous.  This way SSO works, but without Kerberos ofcourse.  I had some issues with getting Kerberos working as well.  I have not found out why that is.  I did all the steps of setting up Constrained Delegation.  In my dev environment it works perfectly, but some customers´ sites have been difficult.

Hope this helps.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources