PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-23-2018 07:47
    Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of introducing self serve for resetting passwords, specifically for agents.

If so is this a 3rd party plugin app or can it be created via a custom handler?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Mark

• 2.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-23-2018 11:06
    Mark,

I feel like many years ago there use to be a built in tool step which could sort have done this but I don't see it anymore. Regardless I did look into doing something like this but ultimately abandoned it. The issues we ran into was how do you authenticate the agent to make sure they should be resetting the password and how do you convey the new password to the agent? It would be nearly impossible to let the agent enter in the new password. I suppose you could use a dictionary file to add 2 words together and then add a number but I could see problems with using TTS to play back the new password. Lastly I think you would need to have some sort of 3rd party integration written to allow the password to be reset in the identity provider.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-24-2018 06:08
    Hi Mark,

Do you want to reset the password because the agent has forgotten his? Or give them the ability to change their current? In the latter case the default TUI, accessible from the default profile, offers that option. This is the same IVR in which you can login, logout, change status, etc.

When you want to create a self service that can reset the password of a user without knowing his current one, you can use the toolstep "Reset Password" on the Telephony tab in the designer. This will generate a random new password. You can email this new password to the user, of course the email address of this user should be know.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 4.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-24-2018 10:06
    Edward,

You bring up a good point. I was reading the original request as resetting AD passwords but this might not be the ask of the posts author. If we are just resetting passwords within CIC then as you mention your method would work. In my scenario they wanted the IVR to reset windows AD passwords for users who forgot them.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-24-2018 10:27
    Hi both - thanks for the responses.

What I'd like to achieve is the ability for agents to request a password reset at their leisure so there is no need for the CIC administrator to intervene. 

Essentially, agent returns from holiday and has forgotten their password and the CIC Administrator is not available to reset their password. The agent clicks a button to reset their password based on their login credentials to Interaction Desktop, thus no intervention from the CIC Administrator.

Hope this offers more clarity.

Mark

• 6.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-29-2018 13:57
    This kind of thing is a fairly common requirement for folks who attend the ICELib class. Usually, they want a stand-alone "password re-setter" for a helpdesk that generates a new random password, changes it and then e-mails the new password to the user.

I would probably do something like that, possibly on a web service somewhere, and then set up your client button to run the re-setter app or call the service. The user ID for the currently logged in user (as authenticated by Windoze) should be available for use as a command-line argument when the button is used.

HTH

I do have a question, though. If they are using Windoze authentication and already logged in to the client, why do they need their IC password? Just curious, not trying to be an ass. (It always helps to get the full use cases, not just for giving answers, but also to use as examples in class....)

• 7.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-30-2018 04:18
    Thanks Paul - are you able to recommend any web services provider that works well with Genesys?

Mark Oleksik

• 8.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 08-31-2018 07:48
    Mark,

I think you misunderstand, I apologize if I gave the impression that such a service exists (someone may have written one, but I am not aware of it, if so!)

I was suggesting that one could (relatively) easily be written by anyone with knowledge of ICELib. You would then run that somewhere within your own network.

I hope that clarifies.

• 9.  RE: Recommendations for Self Serve

Posted 04-24-2020 02:40
    Hi Paul,

I know its a old thread but we are also in the same situation, we have built a custom handler which  uses Reset Password tool step to reset the agent password and then sent an email to agents with the new password. Only trouble is that when the password is generated using Handler it doesnt follow the password policy and never ask the agent to change password during first login.

So just wanted to know how it behaves with ICELib, when you generate a new password whether the system will ask for password change during first login or it just works.

Prateek Sethi

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources