PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-04-2021 11:02
    Hello All,

I am unable to get the ACD Statistics (Interaction) tool to work.   My goal is to determine if any agents are logged in to Interaction Connect who is assigned a specific "Skill".  Then either send the calls to voice mail or continue on to a ACD Group Transfer step using Interaction Attendant.  I am using a Set Attribute step before my Subroutine with the attribute "Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupSkills".  I have already checked Interaction Attendant "Expression Types" for the "Logical Transfer" step in Interaction Attendant, this only works for Workgroups and not a specific Skill.

I am able to get the ACD Statistics (Queue) tool to give me data on the Workgroup, but this tool does not break it down by Skill. 

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Nelson Torres
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    [Nelson] [Torres]
    [Carilion Clinic]

• 2.  RE: ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-04-2021 11:13

Is there a reason you're trying to do the job of acd assignment/agent selection before doing the group transfer?

Why not just put the call in queue and make an in queue step that pushes to voicemail.  You'd get a more consistent behavior out of this, whereas what you're describing two interactions arriving nearly simultaneously could see a single agent with the desired skill as available and then both enter your queue.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-04-2021 11:34
    Aaron,

Thank you for the quick response. In this scenario there may only be 1 or 2 agents assigned to this Skill.  If the agent is not logged in the assigned to the Skill then the call goes to Voice Mail rather than queue jail.  That is why I am trying to use the ACD Statistics (Interaction) tool.  So if no agents are logged in with a specific skill assigned send the calls straight to voice mail and not queue the call.

I need help getting the ACD Statistics (Interaction) tool to gather the information needed by Skill.  I am able to get the ACD Statistics (Queue) tool to give me data on the Workgroup, but this tool does not break it down by Skill.

Nelson Torres
    Carilion Clinic

[Nelson] [Torres]
    [Carilion Clinic]

• 4.  RE: ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-06-2021 02:05

Hi Nelson,

What you may want to look at is the ACD Select Agent tool.  What you may be able to do is to use the tool to do the check for you, since it has a step for "No Available Agents" which you can use to send the call to voicemail, but on success pass it on to the queue. Assuming the interaction only has the skills which you are interested in and its a simple configuration, this may work for you.

You may also have to assign the skill using the "ACD Specify Interaction Skill" tool by retrieving the Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupSkills attribute as I'm not sure if the ACD Select Agent tool uses that attribute to determine the right skills.

Douglas Suyemoto
    Latham & Watkins LLP

• 5.  RE: ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-06-2021 09:23
      |   view attached
    Douglas,

Thank you for your help.  In Interaction Attendant, I do set the Skill name using attribute "Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupSkills".  However in my subroutine I do not know how to retrieve it and set it as a "Call ID" for the tools to use the Skill for a call.  Do I use a Get Attribute or do I set the parameter in the Initiator step?  

Handlers is all new to me and this is my first contact center build from scratch.  Any help is much much appreciated.  

See attached file.

Thank You,

Nelson Torres

[Nelson] [Torres]
    [Carilion Clinic]

Attachment(s)

docx
    Suggested by Douglas 1.docx   1.69 MB 1 version

• 6.  RE: ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-07-2021 04:23
    Yes, the handler you have looks fine from what I can tell.  The only other thing I would do is to set another attribute indicating whether agents were found so that when the call continues you can transfer the call in Attendant using the value of that attribute to either the queue or voicemail.

FYI, when you set attributes, they are attached to the Interaction, in this case a call, so the subroutine initiator is passing the call into the handler as an interaction.  The parameters for the handler (in the initiator) are what you pass to the handler (from another handler), so you don't need to add anything there.

Douglas Suyemoto
    Latham & Watkins LLP

• 7.  RE: ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-07-2021 10:26
      |   view attached
    Douglas,

Is there a step I may be missing for the Subroutine to pull the Agent Name and status?   See attached file.  I ran a debug, made sure an agent with the Skill group assigned is logged in and Available, however the Subroutine does not work with the ACD Select Agent or the ACD Statistics (Interaction).  I am able to get the ACD Statistics (Queue) to give me data but not able to get data on the Skill using the ACD Statistics (Interaction).

Regards

[Nelson] [Torres]
    [Carilion Clinic]

Attachment(s)

docx
    No Agent Available Issue.docx   2.34 MB 1 version

• 8.  RE: ACD Statistics (Interaction)

Posted 05-10-2021 21:52
    Edited by Douglas Suyemoto 05-10-2021 21:53
    From your doc, you won't get the agent name as it looks like its not finding an agent. It doesn't look like the tool will work without a workgroup (I also did a quick test and it doesn't work for me either), which I guess makes sense, because it needs to know which users to select from.

I think you only really have two options at this point.  You either have to separate your agents by workgroup rather than by skill, that way you can use the built-in functionality of the queue to send to voicemail or you would have to allow the call to go into the queue and then use your custom handler to make the decision about whether to go to voicemail. I would use the CustomAcdAvailableInteraction to do this as this gets executed when the call is placed in the queue (either add your handler to this custom handler or copy the tool steps into it).

Douglas Suyemoto
    Latham & Watkins LLP

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources