PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 11:06
    I've heard there is a functionality in Genesys where I can send my agents direct messages to them inside of Genesys. Is anyone familiar with this?
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Scott Buzzell

• 2.  RE: Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 12:45
    You could look at Client Memos in PureConnect.  These allow you to send a message to a specific user or group of users.  They can also be triggered by IC Business Manager alerts, so that you can automatically send pre-built memos when specific conditions are met in the system to a predfined user/group of users.

There is also an intercom chat functionality withing PureConnect.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 15:34
    Ah ha Thank you. This is excellent.

Scott Buzzell
    GreenSky Trade Credit, LLC

• 4.  RE: Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 15:44
    Is there an access level that would allow you to select a self created wav file?

Scott Buzzell

• 5.  RE: Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 17:37
    Hey Scott,
    Client Memos are text-based and show up either scrolling across the bottom of the client, or as a popup ("Toast"). So there really isn't a wav file....
    I hope that clarifies.

• 6.  RE: Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 17:57
    Hey Paul,

Actually the wav file I wanted to"change" would be the wav notification the agent receives with the text notification.  Basically I'm looking to send predetermined short audio instructions to an agent.

Scott Buzzell

• 7.  RE: Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 18:14

Scott Buzzell

• 8.  RE: Sending messages to agents

Posted 07-27-2020 18:38
    Ahh, OK.

Right, well I am sure that someone will come up with a solution, but I can't think of one off the top of my head. These are intended to simply be sounds to draw the user's attention to the text memo, so the level of customization you are describing is probably more than the base functionality provides.

Typically, these types of sounds need to be accessible (as a file) from the recipent's PC. So they are either hosted locally (and installed on every PC) or are on a central share. I haven't done any digging on where those particular files are located by default, or if that location can be changed.

You may be better off writing a plugin for Desktop to achieve something like this.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources