PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voice quality check

Posted 09-16-2021 04:09
    I am planning to move to Pure Connect. 
    Just wanted to check is there any tool available in Pure Connect which can measure the Voice Quality check.
    Basically wanted to check the Voice Call quality when moving to Pure Connect for all the calls.

How it is done in Pure Connect ?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #QualityManagement
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Rajeev Srikant

• 2.  RE: Voice quality check

Posted 09-17-2021 02:27
    I can tell you there is none of it all within the product Pure Connect, and that is just fine as it is.
    as a third party application, I use Pcap / Wireshark if i encounter network / voice quality issues. and i do my traces at various ends if needed.

Pureconnect is windows based, so you are free to install wireshark or other packet tracing tools where you feel the need for it.

Move from? Avaya? cause those h323 phones are talkin to CM if you do a trace on a station... and that is something i sometimes needed/ missed ;-)

Vincent Heijmans
    BMW Group Munich

• 3.  RE: Voice quality check

Posted 09-17-2021 02:38

Thanks,
    I found the below block. It says it has facility for evaluating audio quality.

Measure Audio Quality to Reduce Management Headaches | Genesys

Rajeev Srikant

• 4.  RE: Voice quality check

Posted 10-18-2021 15:28
    Another perspective is to measure the voice quality from network using mirrored traffic from the cloud or on-premises. This non-intrusive approach requires no changes to PureConnect, more from https://prilink.com/ec2traffic-937078/

#ArchitectureandDesign#Reporting/Analytics
    #SIP/VolP
    #Integrations

Joseph Cheng
    Prilink Ltd

• 5.  RE: Voice quality check

Posted 10-20-2021 11:33
    Voice quality can be measured from the network side based on the header and timing of RTP/ SRTP packets. This applies to all contact center in the cloud, data center and on-premises where the mirrored traffic of SIP-trunk is available.

HTH

Joseph Cheng
    Prilink Ltd

• 6.  RE: Voice quality check

Posted 09-17-2021 03:02
    But that article is related to Pure Cloud or Genesys Cloud :)
    i thought there was like a manual-mos, asking your callers... but that is non of my favorites... something i would never recommend using..

Vincent Heijmans
    BMW Group Munich

• 7.  RE: Voice quality check

Posted 10-19-2021 12:07
    Remember Voice Quality is affected far more by the Network than by the endpoints. Other than the Media Servers (Recording, Prompts etc.) the PureConnect software isn't involved in the actual audio at all.

If you are already using VoIP, then your experience will probably be similar. If not, then I would look far a generic VoIP analysis tool.

HTH

• 8.  RE: Voice quality check

Posted 10-20-2021 03:26
    The normal way to measure Voice Quality is RTCP-XR (RealTime Control Protocol Extended Reports), but PureConnect is not supporting this, so you must fetch the information on your SBC.
    See Idea COOPLA-I-232

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources