PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Handler or Custom Button to Create a Case in a CRM - REST API

Posted 03-05-2020 04:47
    Has anyone ever tried to utilise a subroutine/handler initiated in Email Attendant to take an email (with attachment) and create a case or update account history in a CRM through a Rest API (our main constraint is that we cannot use email in this CRM to create a case/update history).

Essentially what I think we'd like to do the following:

Insert a subroutine in the email attendant > handler: get message / get interaction details / build body of message > attach file >make REST call > then alert agent with email in queue

Anyone have experience doing something like this? 

Alternatively, has anyone created a custom button in Interaction Connect for an agent to do this manually? 

Thanks

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Handlers
    #Implementation
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Anthony Devine
    ABTRAN LIMITED

• 2.  RE: Email Handler or Custom Button to Create a Case in a CRM - REST API

Posted 03-06-2020 08:11
    Either method you mentioned should work well... assuming the CRM has API endpoints to support this behavior.

Depending on the type of interaction, it is also common to create a case when the interaction is accepted by an agent.

There may also be other touchpoints throughout the lifetime of the interaction at which you would want to send updates ("activities") to the case when certain events occur.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 3.  RE: Email Handler or Custom Button to Create a Case in a CRM - REST API

Posted 03-08-2020 03:53
    Hi Anthony,

We have done something similar to what you describe using custom handlers to create tickets in ServiceNow.  We also add the email info to the ticket in various ways depending on what the needs of the assignment group are.  In some cases we import the email into our document management system, then insert a link or attachment that points to the document, because we had concerns about putting emails into a hosted solution for certain groups. In other cases I take the header info and body of the email and add this as text into the ticket as a comment.

While we currently use the SOAP tool step to make calls to the various web services to create tickets and import to our dms, we are currently moving to REST API's to call our custom web service to do the same and are currently in the QA stage of development.

As David mentioned, we have additional handlers to update tickets when various activities occur, such as when an agent picks up an interaction. This helps to make sure reporting and SLA's in our ServiceNow platform are best reflective of what actually is happening.

For groups that are using workgroup queues, I use the CustomACDAvailableInteraction handler to do the initial processing, because I can create and update tickets depending on whether the email is a reply or not (based on a ticket number I add to the subject when agent replies). For the other groups I simply call a custom handler to do this, but I don't process replies mainly because these groups don't use the client and I don't add identifiers (i.e. ticket number) to the email.

Doug

Douglas Suyemoto
    Latham & Watkins LLP

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources