PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Workgroup Config - Custom vs ACD

Posted 05-26-2021 09:00
    I have a ticket open with support because one of my workgroups that is set to ACD is having its CBRs go through my custom handlers for custom ACD routing.  I've asked support and they told me that regardless if the workgroup is setup as ACD or Custom, it will go through the CustomWorkgroupQueueInteraction customization point and therefore use my custom handlers.  Is this correct?  If it is, can someone please explain what is the point of having this configuration setting on the workgroup?  I've been using PureConnect for 8+ years and this is news to me....

Thanks,
    Andrew

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Handlers
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: Workgroup Config - Custom vs ACD

Posted 05-28-2021 17:53
    Andrew,

As you know there are many, many customization points within PureConnect. Most of these get called as part of general operations.

My understanding is that the difference between "ACD" and "Custom" workgroups is solely to do with initially starting the ACD engine. When you transfer a call to the queue from Attendant, Basic just works (with some configuration limitations) but Custom required modification of CustomIVRWorkkgroupQueue. This allows you to pull such fun stunts as including Desire to Use in the calculation, or setting ranges on Skill proficiencies, or messing around with the various weightings etc. At all other points in the process, as far as I am aware, it's the same.

If you need other Customization Points to only have an effect for your Custom queues, then I suggest setting a call attribute in CusatomIVRWorkgroupQueue and then test for it in the other Handlers, simply return if it's not there (indicating it's "ACD")

Also, I'm curious, "CBR"? That's a new acronym for me.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Workgroup Config - Custom vs ACD

Posted 06-09-2021 08:45
    Thanks for the info Paul.  CBR... callback request...  that's what we have always called them.

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 4.  RE: Workgroup Config - Custom vs ACD

Posted 06-09-2021 10:09
    Edited by Paul Simpson 06-09-2021 10:09
    Thanks for the clarification!

In that case, I would say that the behavior you are observing is by design.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources