PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Upgrade 2018 R2 to 202#

Posted 05-28-2021 15:14

Has anyone upgraded from a 2018 version, specifically R2 P36 to a 2020 or 2021 version?  Is there any risk jumping this many releases?

Thanks,

Andrew

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: Upgrade 2018 R2 to 202#

Posted 05-29-2021 02:07
    My experience is upgrading from 2016 R3 to 2020 R4.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Two items of note...
    1.  Custom handlers. 
    2.  Testing, testing, testing...

We have our own reporting team so don't rely on the CIC canned reports.  I didn't note any table structure enhancements so we didn't run into issues there.  We have a couple hundred IVR profiles so that was where our testing challenge came into play.  Organizing a testing team who knows what they are doing is essential. 

We do have dialer too but didn't note any significant changes. 

We have 30 or so custom handlers but that wasn't much of an issue.  Where possible, we used the Genesys customization points.  When not, then testing, testing, testing.

I would say that the biggest challenge we faced was integrating 3rd party products like Verint (work force management), Twillo (SMS), and Nobelbiz (TFN redirects).​  Getting someone from Genesys who understands certificate management with 3rd party integrations has been difficult.

Hope that helps...
    Bryan

Bryan Lewis
    InfoMedia, Inc d/b/a Carenet

• 3.  RE: Upgrade 2018 R2 to 202#

Posted 06-01-2021 11:45
    I am currently in the the same process.  I have a few threads that have solid advice from others. One thing to be careful of is the Media server must be upgraded first.  I have been trying to do this in my development environment, but we do not have a switchover pair in development. Adding switchover is my first task so that i can plan my prod upgrade, however, the switchover portion has not worked.

I will follow your progress and if i find anything that may help you, i will post it.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 4.  RE: Upgrade 2018 R2 to 202#

Posted 06-01-2021 18:13
    I've just completed updating two of three 2015 systems to 2021 R1 for a large insurance company. No problems encountered.
    The Production system is next.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources